Hunters bear from late yesterday afternoon. 420 lbs

And you can make bear steaks, you can bear burgers, you can make bear chili, you can make bear stew, you can make bear roast, you can make fried bear, you can make bear gumbo....you get the idea! Enough bear there to Forrest Gump it!!

Congratulations on a VERY fine bear right there!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
What a pumpkin head

Hunter is following two generations of mountain men I am glad I got to meet

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Wow what a big ole Bruin! Way to go and congrats to the young hunter!

twincedargap

Again, congrats on an amazing animal. BTW, How does one get a 420 lb. bear out of the woods whole to weigh him? There’s no way I could lift him into my pickup. Don’t think me and five guys could as much as they roll. Maybe roll him on a trailer?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Again, congrats on an amazing animal. BTW, How does one get a 420 lb. bear out of the woods whole to weigh him? There’s no way I could lift him into my pickup. Don’t think me and five guys could as much as they roll. Maybe roll him on a trailer?
He used a rolling deer cart. I'm pretty sure the cart will never recover.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
IT took him his dad and one of his friends approximately 4 hrs. Now these boys are varsity football players and are as strong as a team of horses for there size.

I've rolled a cart with not near that much weight, really no where near, and getting it over logs and such was a pain.

Timberman

Super bear! Some work went into getting him out I’m sure.

Dana Young

Hunter was working his way out of the woods that evening ,when he saw him way above him on the mtn. He shot the bear just before he went into a thicket. by the time he got to where the bear was standing it was getting dark. He looked for blood but couldn't any. so he market the spot and his dad went in there the next morning and found the bear about 150 yds from the shot. He called hunter at school and he and his friend went to get the bear out.. IT took them over 4 hrs to get the bear out from there.