HUNTERS HARVEST 3,170 BEARS IN 2022 SEASONS

Resica

That’s a pile of bears. Pennsylvania also has almost 1,000,000 hunters in the woods, with almost 10% of their state population being licensed hunters. I’m not sure how much public land they have, but dang that is a ton of guys in the woods in the fall.
We have a boatload of public land.

Resica

Crazy that I spent half my youth in PA and the other half in Jersey and it took moving to Georgia from England to pick up a fly rod and chase trout, which led me to a group of hunting buddies to get me started on that addiction, I mean hobby. I never go back north, but if I do, I guess I'll have to buy a bear tag.
Go trout fishin too!

Resica

They shot 3 bear over 700lbs. in Pa. this year, all in same county, Monroe. It's in the Poconos near Jersey. 2 of them were in the same township, the township I shot my bear back in 89.

splatek

UAEC
They shot 3 bear over 700lbs. in Pa. this year, all in same county, Monroe. It's in the Poconos near Jersey. 2 of them were in the same township, the township I shot my bear back in 89.
Yeah and trouting, too
I got a buddy that guided my son and I up in jersey. He’s happy jersey is starting to come to their senses about bear hunting.

585 pounder my buddy killed. We were doing a 1 man drive and I pushed it right to him. It had a 22" skull....
78978 002.jpg
7665 002.jpg

My buddy's wife with her first bear. I tracked this bear all day and finally got her in front of it about 20 minutes before dark.
IMG_0034.JPG
Her second bear from 2 years ago.

IMG_4982.JPG

Friends bear from this year. He is a believer in the gamemaster 06 as well...

IMG_6030.jpg
Other friends bear from this year.
IMG_5259.jpg
Friends bear from 3 years ago.
IMG_2922.JPG

Last edited:

NCMTNHunter

West Virginia is a huge houndsman state. I heard that the houndsman here in Georgia didn't do so good either, and they said it was due to the mast failure. I wonder if West Virginia also had a mast failure, or if there really is a correlation between the two?
It’s usually the other way around. Bear tracks are easier to find when mast is spotty and bears have to move more to feed. When mast is good bear don’t have to move around much making it harder to cut a track.

Buck70

Have I read the stats correctly on bears taken in Ga and Pa? Pa. had 5 times more bears taken then Ga.?

bany

Pa also has several bears in the top 10. I haven’t looked lately but they have killed monsters there in the last few years also.