Hunter's Trophy

Anvil Head

This one just made an overnight trip to it's new home in So. GA. Youngman's first deer (bigger than his older brother's, heh, heh). Instead of a wall mount he wanted a custom knife made using the antlers. Took a bit of figuring - GA whitetails have pretty awkward curves. His dad commissioned me to get this done. Pretty sure he's gonna like it. Just hope he gets it bloodied up and sends me pics. Knife is not a knife if it doesn't have an occupation.

Blade is forged OSB (old saw blade), guard-handle-stand his antlers, stand is cherry, custom fitted sheath (not shown).
DSCN7472.JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent work. That is something for him to cherish and hand down to the next generation.

onedude

This one just made an overnight trip to it's new home in So. GA. Youngman's first deer (bigger than his older brother's, heh, heh). Instead of a wall mount he wanted a custom knife made using the antlers. Took a bit of figuring - GA whitetails have pretty awkward curves. His dad commissioned me to get this done. Pretty sure he's gonna like it. Just hope he gets it bloodied up and sends me pics. Knife is not a knife if it doesn't have an occupation.

Blade is forged OSB (old saw blade), guard-handle-stand his antlers, stand is cherry, custom fitted sheath (not shown).
View attachment 1118647

F.A.R.R.

That’s really nice and a great way to commemorate a 1st buck.

Following your posts for years your talent and creativity continues to impress.

Anvil Head

His dad and I couldn't help it, soft spot for young hunters getting their first. Especially when they bust their big brother's chops. Gotta love it.

Anvil Head

Thank you all for the compliments. I just do what I do. Have always enjoyed the challenges like this one. Lord has blessed me in many ways.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!

Big7

The Oracle

View attachment 1118647
That's a beauty.

Anvil Head

His dad sent me a pic of him holding it - all grins.