hunting clubs

BRAD B

Been Hunting in south east ga. I'm looking for Hunting club closer to home in North ga. Cherokee, Ballground, Pickens county would be good starting point.

Big7

The Oracle
Any openings in your South Georgia club.

I'm looking. Can pay now for next year for the right spot.

$800.00 is what I'm comfortable with. 1K max. Wouldn't go past a thousand for a million prime acres.
Leases are getting out of hand. Folks need to check that by stop paying ridiculous money to hunt pine goats.

Chadro

When I was still in Georgia I was a member of Silver Creek hunting club, I always liked it. Was with Cobbs Legion many years ago, both are pretty good options in your neck of the woods.

HavocLover

$800.00 is what I'm comfortable with. 1K max. Wouldn't go past a thousand for a million prime acres.
Leases are getting out of hand. Folks need to check that by stop paying ridiculous money to hunt pine goats.

You have to pay to play. I don’t like it anymore than the next guy but I’m not- NOT going to hunt. It has gotten ridiculous but so has everything else.

Jim Boyd

$800 / $18 per acre is 44 acres per member.

I do not see much good land at a lot less than that.

If all members wanted to shoot ONLY one buck, that means you are shooting 14.5 bucks per square mile.

I know that sucks but that is the math of it.

Individuals don’t regulate the market - supply and demand does.

Collective efforts from a great many individuals could potentially sway the market but it would take a gargantuan effort, which is not gonna happen in Georgia (or any other state, for that matter).

I am like @HavocLover - NOT hunting simply is not gonna work for me and I am old enough now, I am not gonna battle it out on public land (I like my comfortable ladder stands too much!).

best of luck to all.

Kev

I say quit paying for leases and just poach. To deer hunt legally you have to be rich these days.

Blackston

Good club is hard to find .. I’m finding Out there are plenty of cruddy ones

Blackston

I say quit paying for leases and just poach. To deer hunt legally you have to be rich these days.
I got a buddy that says it’s cheaper than goin out west or payin dues( And he’s been caught a pretty good bit )

Reactions: Kev

HavocLover

I’m not a rich man by any means… our club is about 140+ acres per member. I understand some folks can’t afford much but I can’t wrap my head around these folks that are ok with 8+ people on 500 acres and stuff. There’s a fine line between being affordable and that interfering with safety too.

LTFDretired

When I was still in Georgia I was a member of Silver Creek hunting club, I always liked it. Was with Cobbs Legion many years ago, both are pretty good options in your neck of the woods.
Thanks, I will check that out!

LUCKYDOG

I live in the Blue Ridge Ga area. Looking for private land for 1-3 of us. Older adults, no baggage. 1-2 hours from here would be great. QDM is our goal.