Hunting golf course question

mtclev5651

If you have permission from multiple homeowners, can you hunt parcels that join up to a golf course?
Thanks and God bless

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
City/county codes and subdivision covenants If in a subdivision would apply.

mtclev5651

If you're on the private property where you have permission, then yes. Be careful of property lines when trailing deer. Blood trailing them across a putting green is fun.
Sounds like this is personal experience? Haha

Is it true how seekone does it? You just ask before going into the next property?

ssramage

Sounds like this is personal experience? Haha

Is it true how seekone does it? You just ask before going into the next property?

Maybe once or twice. Legally, yes. You'll need permission from anyone before stepping on their property.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That might include the owners of the golf course too.

James12

They’re home to giants because the first 3 million people they saw weren’t trying to give them a dirt nap. But yes, ask permission before recovering. Most likely they’ll be upset, and mad at their neighbor for a long time. You’ll be gone though. So let her rip.

chase870

Possum Sox
Lived on a Golf course when I was in high school. I'd wait till late in the day and put a 30.06 in a golf bag with a driver, 9 iron 3 iron and a putter and walk the back 9. The 150 yard markers are handy, shoot a deer drag him into the ruff drop a ball and play my way back to the house then go get him after dark. Don't over look the driving range should be some action around that as well

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
We killed some pigs(swine)on the golf course we worked at, but mostly golf courses are for catching bass…….everyone knows that.
That being said, if I had permission to deer hunt on a golf course, I’d be all over that!

rstallings1979

There were giants there last year and I’ve landed permission on three adjoining lots.
It is great you got permission to hunt this residential area where the deer are accustomed to human presence and that is your choice of course...I do hope your talking about hunting with a bow correct?

2LazyHounds

Back in my younger days I had permission to hunt the woods surrounding a golf course from the course owners. They were more than happy to have their herd thinned out a little since they have so much invested in their landscaping.

rstallings1979

Back in my younger days I had permission to hunt the woods surrounding a golf course from the course owners. They were more than happy to have their herd thinned out a little since they have so much invested in their landscaping.
Man...I just picture that as being a ton of liability assumed. I mean there are some dew sweeper golfers out there at 7 or 7:30am in the morning. Shooting a rifle around a golf course during that time is ballsy.