- Antler Restrictions: Statewide, the antler restriction on one of the two bucks is: One of the two antlered bucks must have a minimum of 4 points, 1-inch or longer, on either antler or a minimum 15-inch outside antler spread to be legal. In counties with county-wide antler restrictions (except Dooly & Macon Cos.), both antlered bucks must meet one of these two requirements to be legal.
Hancock, Harris, Meriwether, Montgomery Randolph, Talbot & Troup: antlered bucks must have a minimum of 4 points, 1-inch or longer, on either antler or a minimum 15-inch outside antler spread to be legal.
- Bear Harvest - Reporting & Season: All Northern Zone bear hunters are required to have a bear harvest record and to report their harvest using the Georgia Game Check system within 24 hours of harvest. Youth (under 16 years of age) may hunt bear with any legal bear firearm during the Primitive Weapons season (Northern Bear Zone).
- Dove Season: The statewide dove season has changed by expanding the first season into early October, opening the December segment later, and changing opening day hours from noon-sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise-sunset.
- Extended Archery Season: Extended archery season has been added to the following counties: Barrow, Cherokee, Columbia, Decatur, Douglas, Fayette, Hall, Muscogee, Paulding, and Seminole.
- New Public Hunting Opportunities: Cedar Grove VPA (Laurens co.) - 294 acres, Scotland Road VPA (Laurens co.) - 199 acres, Tallapoosa River VPA (Haralson co.) - 3,053 acres, Treat Mountain VPA (Polk co.) - 5,087 acres
- Turkey Season & Bag Limit: Statewide turkey season is shifted to open one week later on April 2, 2022. On WMAs, VPAs, and National Forests, the turkey season opens 2 weeks later on April 9, 2022. The season still closes on May 15. The statewide bag limit has been reduced to 2 gobblers per season with a 1 gobbler daily bag limit. Additionally, the bag limit on WMAs, VPAs, and National Forest lands (outside WMAs) is 1 gobbler per area.
- WMA Small Game: On most WMAs, small game may be hunted any time a small game species statewide season is open except during area specific quota hunts or as otherwise specified for that area.