Hurricane Ian

bullgator

If this holds up I’m going to get hammered. I’m two counties north of Tampa and in the center of the cone. Big pines and oaks close enough to the house to be bad news. I’m born and raised in Florida and this looks like the one I’ve always dreaded.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
If this holds up I’m going to get hammered. I’m two counties north of Tampa and in the center of the cone. Big pines and oaks close enough to the house to be bad news. I’m born and raised in Florida and this looks like the one I’ve always dreaded.

Pines will break close to the middle.
Oaks will uproot, especially with saturated ground.
Palms will bend and sway and straighten back up.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.

I've watched em for 62 years. Been involved in numerous day 0 restorations, saw what Andrew did in Homestead, Katrina and Michael. Then we packed up and went home. This may be a once in a (few) lifetime(s) event for a lot of folks. Prayers for safety.

notnksnemor

I've watched em for 62 years. Been involved in numerous day 0 restorations, saw what Andrew did in Homestead, Katrina and Michael. Then we packed up and went home. This may be a once in a (few) lifetime(s) event for a lot of folks. Prayers for safety.

I remember Donna in '60.

I hope the new yankee transplants talk to their neighbors and don't die.

cracker4112

Also born and raised and I’m with you. We are already under a mandatory evacuation here in S Tampa. I’m only a couple blocks from the bayshore so watching closely. Hurricane shutters go up tomorrow most likely then we will decide to maybe go over to my moms in Dover. Just want to make sure I can get back to keep my home safe from the folks who cant leave…

notnksnemor

Also born and raised and I’m with you. We are already under a mandatory evacuation here in S Tampa. I’m only a couple blocks from the bayshore so watching closely. Hurricane shutters go up tomorrow most likely then we will decide to maybe go over to my moms in Dover. Just want to make sure I can get back to keep my home safe from the folks who cant leave…

Y'all be safe!!!!

alphachief

Secured the boat and the house. Gathered all our important things and headed to Orlando to watch over my Mom. We’ll get some surge but should be fine.

walukabuck

I hate these things. Will be out of power for a week, not that it matters ill be working stupid hours for the next 2 weeks and wont be home. deer hunting will have to wait. 2004 scarred me for life,

Lilly001

My Florida house is just south of Tampa, about 20 miles inland.
The Wifey and I are staying at our place in Ga.
I called my son and he said he is ready for the storm.
The house is high and away from any flood issues so I’m praying a little rain and maybe some wind damage.
The house has a new roof from the 1st of this year so it’ll get a good test.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Like Nicodemus said, it’s a horrible time for a hurricane here in S.Ga. Dug peanuts and defoliated cotton are everywhere. Sky high fuel and fertilizer prices on top of a bad harvest is no bueno for the ag world.