Hurricane Ian

oldfella1962

Like Nicodemus said, it’s a horrible time for a hurricane here in S.Ga. Dug peanuts and defoliated cotton are everywhere. Sky high fuel and fertilizer prices on top of a bad harvest is no bueno for the ag world.

I think Biden is coming on TV soon to either deny the hurricane outright or downgrade it to Cat Zero.

twtabb

I am still piling and burning trees from Michael. Don’t want it in sw ga.
Farmers are busting there butts to get peanuts up and picked before rain. A lot are right at 144 days in the ground and they are ready to pick.

Core Lokt

Coming right down the pipe for us at the moment. Trying to get home generator tank topped off. I called last Friday. Everyone be safe.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I'm tired of the guys waving that cone around. Igniting panic over here, over there- making sure everybody for 2000 mile stretch is watching them 24/7 even though they're a week early. They know where it's going. It's going to Tampa. The Europian model. The model from the guys that just tossed one in so they can take part, no skin in the game. That being said- it might just wash out the games the Braves need to catch the Mets! Smh.

sinclair1

I'm tired of the guys waving that cone around. Igniting panic over here, over there- making sure everybody for 2000 mile stretch is watching them 24/7 even though they're a week early. They know where it's going. It's going to Tampa. The Europian model. The model from the guys that just tossed one in so they can take part, no skin in the game. That being said- it might just wash out the games the Braves need to catch the Mets! Smh.
They announced Jim Cantore would be live in Tampa Saturday. He goes where they believe it’s really going to be.

Tight Lines

It is going to Tampa. The Kansas line trucks are headed to AMS south of Atlanta Wednesday to stage, then heading south to TPA when it's safe...

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Watching local Fox35 Orlando 10pm news.
They're saying it's shifting more east, indicating a Tampa or south of Tampa area landfall.
Like @sinclair1 said, Cantore's location is a good indicator.

bullgator

Watching local Fox35 Orlando 10pm news.
They're saying it's shifting more east, indicating a Tampa or south of Tampa area landfall.
Like @sinclair1 said, Cantore's location is a good indicator.
South of Tampa would put me on the left side of it. Winds would be from inland instead of off the Gulf. Also might mean less rain. That might be the best I can hope for.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
This storm seems to be ramping up this morning its going to be bad for Florida as it looks now. The weather service has rain for us Thursday night and Friday and thunderstorms Saturday. I guess this will shut the Seafood Festival that we are suppose to have this week-end down over in Morehead City NC.

We need the rain but if it comes over us here it doesn't seem like the wind will be bad for our area. Gotta go get some bread and milk now, if there is any left on the shelves no doubt the panic button has already been pushed here as in other areas that are in the path of the storm.

Don't forget the TP! That was a sleeper shortage.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'll never forget him interviewing this guy a day or two before Katrina hit.. "Don't you think you should have gotten your family out of here by now?" "I think I'll give it another day to make sure it's gonna hit here." "Uh, sir.. don't you recognize me? They close the gates behind me. Once you see me there ain't no one get'n in or out!" Dude had that ol' hit in the face with a shovel look. "Uh oh!"

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
It concerns us here in the ga coast swamp. Lots of pines that frown on over 40 mph winds
In case you may not know, before these storms come through, you may want to bring any outside items inside, such as chairs, tables and your trash can. Anything that can blow away. If can’t bring them inside, tie them down. And I wouldn’t want to be around those big trees with very strong winds. I have several large live oaks and a big sweetgum around the house that make me nervous during strong winds.

I will say this, even what is considered a small storm can be pretty rough and scary. Last storm that came through our area was Irma. It was downgraded to a tropical storm by then, but it was scary. Winds were whipping around pretty good around the house. My dad and I stayed because the projected path showed it covering all of Georgia. Anywhere we went, we would've been in the path of the storm. So we rode it out. Thankfully, no injuries or house damage. Just a big mess to clean up. Limbs and moss everywhere. Praying the storm degrades heavily before reaching our area.

By the way, my avatar pic was taken the night storm Irma was rolling through. That cat didn't want me out of her site that night. :bounce:

Praying everyone will be just fine! ::;

Last edited: