Husbands and Wives

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
KJV Lexicon

Train up chanak (khaw-nak')
to narrow; figuratively, to initiate or discipline -- dedicate, train up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a child na`ar (nah'-ar)
babe, boy, child, damsel (from the margin), lad, servant, young (man).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the way derek (deh'-rek)
a road (as trodden); figuratively, a course of life or mode of action, often adverb
he should go peh (peh)
the mouth (as the means of blowing), whether literal or figurative (particularly speech); specifically edge, portion or side; adverbially (with preposition) according to
and when he is old zaqen (zaw-kane')
to be old -- aged man, be (wax) old (man).
he will not depart cuwr (soor)
to turn off (literal or figurative)
from it

huntmore

As far as I know, none of our priests have children so this does not apply to me. So I guess I am around success stories.

thedeacon

My wife of 45 years is the glue that held our family togather. She is almost 3 years older than me and when we decided to get married many people told me it wasn't a good idea. She was and still the most spiritual person I have ever met and one of the most knowledgeable bible scholers. I am a lucky man in every sense of the word.

She taught me how to be a good husband and a good father.

I joke a lot and often she is the subject of my jokes. I don't take it so far that makes her uncomfortable. I said that to say this, I owe her more than any other person on earth. I take every oppertunity to let people know the kind of person she is. We laugh togather, cry togather, pray togather and praise God togather.

I was not raised in any church. Until I met her I fished every Sunday that I could. She showed me what being a Christian really means and what life is all about. There have been tough times but the good times far outweigh them.

I was the first in our family to become a christian. Most of our family is now Christians and in an indirect sense she is responsible for most of them. My brother as some of you know is a minister, (not just a preacher) a minister.

Every day that I live I thank God for her and wonder how she has lived with me for 45 years. She is the most unlazy person I have ever met.

She is my wife, my lover, my partner, my sister in Christ, my hero, the Matriarch of her side of the family, she is my best friend.

When I think about it, most christian men owe their sucess to their wife.

I thank God for her every day.

Cutem all Jack

K9
Why do you think that alot of preachers kids don't follow their parents path? Considering they must spend alot of time at Church and around alot of praying and Gospel teaching. I have known a few and they seem to be messed up instead of Christian. I have heard this from alot of other people as well.
Oh and please don't talk about my spelling or my English I had a hard time with it in school.:)

I can tell you from experience that my ex who was a preachers daughter was had a very gentle spirit about her and was a "good person" so to speak. But from being in church 24/7 and because of her being 20 when we got married she had never experienced anything else or sown any wild oats. So when things got tough in our relationship just like every, she ran to the urges of sowing the wild oats. Deep down she does know whats right and i pray for the day that she gets back where she knows she should be but until then its in Gods hands.
Also you have got to remember that just because a man calls himself a preacher and has a following does not mean that he is a man of God. You will know them by there fruits and it sometimes takes time to recognize there fruits. Alot of so called pastors are master manipulators. Not trying to affend anybody but it is the truth as I have witnnessed it on numerous times.

hunter_58

I'm calling my mother NOW !

mtnwoman

I think Huntmore described many of our families and upbringing.

Yeah me, too. My daddy was the backbone of the family in many ways, but I'm glad he went first, emotionally he would've not lasted long without her.

mtnwoman

Amen Ronnie.

Thanks for the kind words K9!

But,to be sure, I am careful to give My Lord all the Praise for where I am in my life. All the Praise.

If I send you some money, will you send me some of that BBQ? Yummmy....I'm tired of lickin my lips over it.....it would feel good on my lips.....LOL

Hunting Teacher

My wife of 45 years is the glue that held our family togather. She is almost 3 years older than me and when we decided to get married many people told me it wasn't a good idea. She was and still the most spiritual person I have ever met and one of the most knowledgeable bible scholers. I am a lucky man in every sense of the word.

She taught me how to be a good husband and a good father.

I joke a lot and often she is the subject of my jokes. I don't take it so far that makes her uncomfortable. I said that to say this, I owe her more than any other person on earth. I take every oppertunity to let people know the kind of person she is. We laugh togather, cry togather, pray togather and praise God togather.

I was not raised in any church. Until I met her I fished every Sunday that I could. She showed me what being a Christian really means and what life is all about. There have been tough times but the good times far outweigh them.

I was the first in our family to become a christian. Most of our family is now Christians and in an indirect sense she is responsible for most of them. My brother as some of you know is a minister, (not just a preacher) a minister.

Every day that I live I thank God for her and wonder how she has lived with me for 45 years. She is the most unlazy person I have ever met.

She is my wife, my lover, my partner, my sister in Christ, my hero, the Matriarch of her side of the family, she is my best friend.

When I think about it, most christian men owe their sucess to their wife. I thank God for her every day.

Great post Deacon!
I'm right there with you. My wife has made me a much better Christian man and spiritual leader of our family than I'd have ever been! I praise God for her every day and tell everyone I know what she means to me!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
If I send you some money, will you send me some of that BBQ? Yummmy....I'm tired of lickin my lips over it.....it would feel good on my lips.....LOL

Thanks. That is a sweet compliment!:clap: