Chopped onions
2 cloves of minced garlic
Parsley Flakes
Italian Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper
375 degrees for 25-30 minutes

My wife doesn't measure anything.

View attachment 948519
I don't need an exact recipe for anything. These ingredients are just fine, and I thank you!
I'll be making some of these REAL SOON!

Back40hunter

Have any of you tried canning your meat? I canned one a few years ago. Cut it into roast sized chunks and boiled the fat off twice. Then let it cool and cut it into stew meat chunks. Put these in the cans. It was great.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Have any of you tried canning your meat? I canned one a few years ago. Cut it into roast sized chunks and boiled the fat off twice. Then let it cool and cut it into stew meat chunks. Put these in the cans. It was great.
Yes, but that's not the way I canned mine. I just cut it into stew meat sized chunks, pack the jars, add some salt and pressure can it. I've served it this way with brown gravy and mashed taters to a lot of unsuspecting people that never knew they weren't eating roast beef.

NCMTNHunter

It's my opinion that folks who claim bear meat is terrible have suffered from 1 of 2 things:
1 The bear was dogged for miles and died with his adrenaline and lactic acid built up
or
2 The bear was paraded around town in the back of a truck for most of the day and the meat began to spoil

#2 happens a lot. Most don’t realize how fast bear meat can start to go down hill. I’m not sure about #1. I’ve never eaten a bear that wasn’t killed in front of dogs and I’ve never eaten a bad one.

Back40hunter

Yes, but that's not the way I canned mine. I just cut it into stew meat sized chunks, pack the jars, add some salt and pressure can it. I've served it this way with brown gravy and mashed taters to a lot of unsuspecting people that never knew they weren't eating roast beef.
Sounds good! There is a facility in Eastanollee (Stephens County) open to the public for canning meat and produce. You do your own work but use the facility. They have quart metal cans that you can use. Pretty cool set-up. I’ve done lots of venison this way too, but I didn’t boil it. Just put it in the cans.