I’m starting to show improvement

godogs57

A few off the bench this week. Trying my best folks…promise.

Don’t see this very often. Quilted sapele wood handle (stabilized) with a blue liner. This model is named “Dan’s Hunter”…named for a dear friend on this forum. CPM154 stainless here. Sapele was obtained from the Congo!
0B31DB21-8E7F-4D5E-B547-172409A0E3A1.jpeg

Two Damascus blades that showed pretty lines I thought. The blue handled one is my Kinchafoonee Hunter and the smaller is a downsized Personal Hunter.
CAA08FDD-81DD-4306-B1DE-8C7970214658.jpeg

BEE6E7EF-2B2E-4A0A-BDAE-231FEBB0EF08.jpeg

3F3E7A90-A9F0-4B01-901B-CB351660FE8E.jpeg

Two Hunters headed out to NM with me next week on a mule deer hunt. Stabilized blue cottonwood on one and desert ironwood on the other. CPM154 again on the blades.
7462E9B9-67B0-404D-8DCD-4382A222DEA5.jpeg

Canadian skinner with 1960’s Westinghouse micarta for the handle. The handle material is unobtainable now. The dark streak is the result of 50-60 years of uv rays. Folks like for that to remain on the finished work to show what it looked like before I sanded it down.

F2B66296-DF70-42C0-A5F6-E6ED502FABF5.jpeg

Thanks for looking folks. Hope everyone’s hunting season is starting off well!

godogs57

I'm thinkin' you got this knife makin' thing down cold. But that's just my opinion.(y)
I’m my worst critic….I still have a way to go. . I haven’t made a perfect knife yet….you keep striving for perfection….that’s what keeps any Knifemaker going. My mentor that taught me had a clever saying: “I’ve never made a perfect knife. If I did you couldn’t afford it.”

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those are all works of art. I especially like that smaller damascus.

Big7

The Oracle
Very nice !!

Even a layman like me could tell they were not store bought.

Output of 1- 1 1/2 a day @ $500.00 each would be a pretty good living.

Have you ever made something similar to a Ka- Bar ? That would be cool and likely fetch more money.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I’m my worst critic….I still have a way to go. . I haven’t made a perfect knife yet….you keep striving for perfection….that’s what keeps any Knifemaker going. My mentor that taught me had a clever saying: “I’ve never made a perfect knife. If I did you couldn’t afford it.”
Thank the Lord you have a "crooked eye" both of mine are indeed perfect knives.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Beautiful knives. That blue Kinchafoonee has my hand a jerking

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hank, you can quit trying. You`ve already reached perfection with this one. Followed closely by The Littermates.

Attachments

• BOURBON (1).jpg
    BOURBON (1).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 36
  • littermates (1).jpg
    littermates (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
  • Hank`s finest 1 (1).JPG
    Hank`s finest 1 (1).JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 32
  • littermate 5.jpg
    littermate 5.jpg