I Almost Threw My Son Out Of The Deer Stand Today

Patriot44

Banned
Yup, I am experiencing probably what my dad did.

Got up about 330 with a front moving though and in a good setup. I poked him about thirty-leven times to stop moving, then as I was just about to be in lala land for the remainder of the wait until 'prime-time', he literally was breathing so hard that they stand was moving. Right foot on left knee, then left foot on right knee, then cracking his neck, then cracking his knuckles, then......

The joys of teaching a young man to hunt. But seriously, he would have probably escaped with only a broken leg or arm...

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Yup, I am experiencing probably what my dad did.

Got up about 330 with a front moving though and in a good setup. I poked him about thirty-leven times to stop moving, then as I was just about to be in lala land for the remainder of the wait until 'prime-time', he literally was breathing so hard that they stand was moving. Right foot on left knee, then left foot on right knee, then cracking his neck, then cracking his knuckles, then......

The joys of teaching a young man to hunt. But seriously, he would have probably escaped with only a broken leg or arm...
Been there done that! "Be still" yes sir. "Be quiet" yes sir. Wash, rinse, repeat.
:rofl::rofl:

How old is he?

I blinked twice & mine is about grown!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My Dad had a stand build to where I would sit at his feet between his knees. If / WHEN I did something he didn't like he just squeezed me like a "thigh master" till I quit whatever it was... or breathing... which ever came first.

4HAND

Staff member
My son was probably about 5 or 6 & we were hunting. After numerous be quiet, be still, shhhhh, yes sir, yes sir, yes sir, he quietly whispered for his drink. I eased it over to him. He quietly took a sip, handed it back & said AAAAHHHHHHH. It just echoed through those thinned pines!
????

Patriot44

Banned
Been there done that! "Be still" yes sir. "Be quiet" yes sir. Wash, rinse, repeat.
:rofl::rofl:

How old is he?

I blinked twice & mine is about grown!
He just turned 13. We have been on a hunting hiatus for five years chasing baseballs, but we are back at it now. We went to the nicest most fanciest restaurant in Thomaston today for lunch and to catch some Clemson foosball, Chili's :bounce:. He got the Chocolate Avalanche as desert.....death nail!!!!!!

4HAND

Staff member
He just turned 13. We have been on a hunting hiatus for five years chasing baseballs, but we are back at it now. We went to the nicest most fanciest restaurant in Thomaston today for lunch and to catch some Clemson foosball, Chili's :bounce:. He got the Chocolate Avalanche as desert.....death nail!!!!!!
Enjoy it brother!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
All I ever got (in the woods) was cheese and water from a WWII canteen. We ate good at camp tho.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
And just when you think it’s back to hunting alone and in stealth mode again.................
It’s the grandkids time to hunt with Papa. It is even more special with them.

naildrvr

What few times we've ate there, the service is AWFUL!

Patriot44

Banned
What few times we've ate there, the service is AWFUL!
I agree! Piggy Park next time for us. That new Circle K has a family owned restaurant in it and serves up some square Cat heads that are out of this world.

naildrvr

Circle K is nice! Piggy Park isn't as good as it used to be before the old man passed away. I quit eating there too. Justin's Place is normally good.

poohbear

And just when you think it’s back to hunting alone and in stealth mode again.................
Yes I'm doing that now my son has 2 boys and the oldest is learning to shoot so he sits with him , I took the youngest in a box blind we built we put some office chairs in them and he spins around in those taps his feet on the floor eats or may I say crunches on nerds. I try and get him interested and tell him to watch out his side and I will watch mine. He will tap me on the shoulder and say papa I see a deer! I don't even look I say I'm sure that is not a deer over there or anywhere within a mile of here. Lol, it's all worth it though I just don't know if papa can outlast the break in period if you know what I mean.

cramer

I can’t wait for this:banana:
Addy just turned 5 and Bryn will be 3 in March , about the time the grandson will arrive.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Many years ago my grandson was on his first hunt with me. We talked my neighbor out of his tower stand on the power line right of way just across the property line from my farm. I was watching west and he was doing whatever he wanted. An hour or so into the hunt from behind me I hear, "There's one G'Daddy!" Deivered at the top of his lungs. I got to watch the white flag bouncing back into the pines. He was excited as all getout and wanted to do it some more.