I dyed, waxed, and put them up...

Thread starter #42
Finally...

Success only occurred after the chicken was wired to an earth anchor and pan tension decreased. I’m a newbie, but this has been a humbling yet educational run!

82ACBCC5-9E53-4D23-93F7-D7CACDA42864.jpeg A9AAB712-D6B5-477D-843E-AE20EDF8CD03.jpeg

Thread starter #46
Nice catch! What kind of traps are you using?
Duke #3s and MB550s (with light pan tension now!).

Edit: Even though these traps are NOT a #2, they are well within the legal jaw spread for GA. I don’t want anyone to think I’m knowingly or unknowingly outlaw trapping.

Last edited:
Thread starter #47
this looks like so much fun!, thank you for sharing!
JT
I’m enjoying it easily as much as hunting right now. I’m not that good at it, but that’s what’s keeping me going now. Also, I’m blessed to be able to trap at work which is huge as the time requirement is pretty intense.

Thread starter #48
Another good morning! I slept later than normal, but as I checked the covert set, this was there to greet me.

F190CF7D-EF92-4AE3-B423-A145F671494B.jpeg

Upon arrival this young female was caught. The strange thing was that she has basically stayed in one “triangle” instead of tugging in a circle, avoiding the other traps of the compass set. Was she aware of the other traps? Anyway, I was proud to catch two this week bringing my grand total to six. Also, one third of my total have been black which seems pretty high to me. Couldn’t be more pumped about trapping right now, knowing there’s that much less venison being consumed on the farm.

3A66B57E-3A90-4FE5-B61F-E80A37B945C6.jpeg 884CD48C-4AF4-41EC-94E4-E4D471486C0A.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Beautiful coyote , congrats ! Was she the mama ? And I’m not sure about the other traps , everyone I’ve caught made a pretty good catch circle ! Oh and good job !

Thread starter #53
Beautiful coyote , congrats ! Was she the mama ? And I’m not sure about the other traps , everyone I’ve caught made a pretty good catch circle ! Oh and good job !
No, not Mama. There were no tracks around the field since that catch, so I think Big Mama finally got the point. Thank you Sir! I’m feeling good about this fall and winter. Surely I’ve made every mistake known to trapping man by now, so it’s got to get easier from here.

No, not Mama. There were no tracks around the field since that catch, so I think Big Mama finally got the point. Thank you Sir! I’m feeling good about this fall and winter. Surely I’ve made every mistake known to trapping man by now, so it’s got to get easier from here.
No, you'll keep making mistakes. We all do but now you know how to respond to those mistakes and profit by them!! Good job!! Tight Chains