I float manana

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
When it comes to electricity and wires(as well as several other things) I'd definitely take your word as gospel brother.

Don`t put a lot of faith in my electrical skills. I`m only good on voltages from 46,000 volts through half a million volts. Household and industrial low voltages 120, 208, 240, 440, and 660 I know nothing about. Well, I do know a little, just enough to be dangerous and how to blow my fingernails off. :O

slow motion

Had to take care of a few things this morning but I wanted to let the fog clear up some first anyway so late start. Water is 69.8 on the west Flats. Just missed the first bite of the day playing with my phone. A little overcast but it's clearing and a bit choppy at times20240401_105544.jpg

MudDucker

Staff member
I rode through Panacea after lunch Saturday and it looked like half of Florida was there and the line extended well out the east side of town on 98. Glad I wasn't tempted to stop.

slow motion

I rode through Panacea after lunch Saturday and it looked like half of Florida was there and the line extended well out the east side of town on 98. Glad I wasn't tempted to stop.
We enjoyed it but we got there early and had a few oysters and rolled out before it got bad.

slow motion

Wind was enough all day to keep a few whitecaps whipped up. 71.1 on flats when I left there for tidal creek. 73 was highest there. Caught several short trout. Long line release on a few. Had a double. Fought first to boat. Nice trout. Hook came untied. Guess I've got more practice to do on loop knot. Went back to Palomar knot. Second of double came off way out. Caught a couple snot cats on pinfish and something strong nailed a pin but spit it out halfway to the boat. Managed 2 slot trout which was perfect fried up along with some fries and jalapeños. 20240401_185723.jpg20240401_194718.jpg
Still waiting on @crackerdave to make those hushpuppies. Screenshot_20240401-201637_Adblock Browser.jpg
No sunscreen so I'm glowing in the dark now. facepalm:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Catch em up! Pulling my rig out Thursday and playing hookie myself and looking for crappie.

slow motion

. Glad there was nobody at the ramp to see it. But that was about as dumb thing as I've ever done in a boat. Tell y'all later.

slow motion

All shorts everything here.
Except waves.
Flat topping.
Today was tough for me too.

Forgot to charge tm batteries and left depthfinder on overnight. Hooked up charger this morning. Sat around awhile till the Nurse got up. Took her to breakfast. Tried somewhere different. Nothing special but filling. 20240402_083550.jpg

Got back and headed to the lighthouse. Had my boots on and didn't want to wade so I hooked up a line to bow eye. Rest of line was knotted up. Unhooked line from boat. Got knots out. Backed boat in. Boat drifted out and I didn't reattach bow line. Not too bad though as it drifted across the channel and caught in the grass so I could wade out and get it. Wind was picking up a little and I headed up river intending to head into a creek to get out of it. Ran up on a couple fellas stuck on a bar. Tried to get them off but they finally managed on their own. Into the creek mouth and huge schools of bait. Occasionally something would run through the school but only sporadically. Threw everything i had to no avail. Fished some bars. Had redfish tailing. Some wide tails but they weren't interested in anything I had. Except for a few more oyster clusters managed only hardheads and short redfish. 20240402_121913.jpg20240402_145650.jpg

Even freelined a pinfish for hours. He was still lively when I unhooked and released him as i was leaving. Wind was gusting a bit and the chop made for a bumpy ride across open water as I was heading back. Almost no tidal movement today. Thinking that effected the fishing. At least that's my story. Still fun and a good day to be on the water.20240402_155830.jpg

MudDucker

Staff member
Flats temp last weekend out from Alligator Point was only 66.5 degrees. Trout were active sporatically. With 5 people on the boat, we filled a 20lb ice bag with legal trout. I keep saying I'm going to head east and fish St. Marks again. Tried it in the summer last year out in front of the lighthouse and even though the grass beds were looking great, we only managed a couple of shorts. Went past the sandbar and got some nice viewing pleasure on the way in.

As a kid, Dad and I fished St Marks when they had double bow boats and the guide used oars to control the drift. Trout and reds were everywhere back in those days.

slow motion

Flats temp last weekend out from Alligator Point was only 66.5 degrees. Trout were active sporatically. With 5 people on the boat, we filled a 20lb ice bag with legal trout. I keep saying I'm going to head east and fish St. Marks again. Tried it in the summer last year out in front of the lighthouse and even though the grass beds were looking great, we only managed a couple of shorts. Went past the sandbar and got some nice viewing pleasure on the way in.

As a kid, Dad and I fished St Marks when they had double bow boats and the guide used oars to control the drift. Trout and reds were everywhere back in those days.
Pics please. No pics. No bueno.