I have a disease

wtruax

So ever since starting to food plot I have been obsessed, really interested in the no-till drill with less applied chemicals. But yesterday I hit a new low..... some cell pics came to my phone...... I zoomed in all excited...... and my son was like what is it dad what is it..... little plants the food plot is coming up so excited!!!! I think there were some deer in the pic also but not sure?!?!??!

Anyone else around here have that disease?

I had been holding my breath this year bc we were way behind in all of our prep and planting bc we thought we were losing the lease. So seed went into the ground opening gun weekend and didn't get any measurable rain for 9 days

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I've had that disease for a number of years now. I've researched and researched, but there is no cure. It's just one of those things we (my wife) has to live with. :)

Triple C

Same here. Love when a guest or family member takes a deer off the farm. And, I get just as much enjoyment of watching deer from a stand in a field I've planted to feed them and a host of other wildlife. I've killed only 2 deer since 2014 and watched a pile of em from the stand.

dslc6487

Feed em every day; corn, alfalfa pellets, goat feed. Have never shot one. Watch them just about every night through my thermal monocular. Just love to watch them but have no interest is shooting one. I am an avid squirrel hunter, but he taking a larger animal just does not appeal to me...

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I get that way with the trees I’ve planted. I enjoy the food plotting, but waiting on the first fruits, acorns or chestnuts on my young trees keeps me motivated.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I usually plant a plot every year and enjoy watching it grow and get used, but my real love is hunting deer back in the woods on their terms.

wtruax

I usually plant a plot every year and enjoy watching it grow and get used, but my real love is hunting deer back in the woods on their terms.
I'm the same way. I plant them and hunt them but it isn't the same or as fun as hunting deer in the woods.

Thats exactly what I did last week, snuck in the woods and found them before getting to my plot. For the first time ever, I saw a decent 8pt buck refresh a scrape in front of me. Man my plots are looking good though