I have another question pertaining to Mod Powers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toliver

If an author deletes a thread or a post, does it go into a "trash" bin like emails that can be retrieved until the "trash" is emptied? Are you guys able to go in and review it to see if it was deleted for a rule violation or possibly put it back if it was accidentally deleted?

Toliver

So I should have let the mods review the 540 reply cheat thread before I deleted it? :bounce: :bounce: I wonder which one of you would have gotten that savory task!! :huh:

dutchman

Didn't know we had a mod named Powers. Which forum is he on? :D

Toliver

I recognize that. That's humor. We'll have none of that in this thread!! :whip:

Toliver

Fine. Now that you've derailed my thread, we may as well use it for other stuff.

My wife wants to know if you're "dutchman" cause you cook with them.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I can retrieve just about any thread that has been deleted either by the poster or by a mod.

sometimes.

Jim

Toliver

So if someone deletes something by accident, they can pm you and ask you to bring it back for them?

dutchman

yep...

Toliver said:
Fine. Now that you've derailed my thread, we may as well use it for other stuff.

My wife wants to know if you're "dutchman" cause you cook with them.

That's the reason.

Toliver

She wants one. But can't decide on the size to get.

dutchman

I use a 5-quart here at the house on the stove. It's big enough for a family of about maybe 6 or so for stuff like stews and pot roast.

Wait a minute, the thread is really derailed now. :offtopic:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Toliver said:
So if someone deletes something by accident, they can pm you and ask you to bring it back for them?
most of the time (only with the new forum software).

Jim

Toliver

It's my thread and we can derail it if we want to.

Now, do you have any suggestions for someone looking for one? She found one at Galyans for $15 and then found one smaller at Bass Pro for 20 or 30 I forget exactly. She figures there must be some difference in quality or something.

Toliver

Jim Thompson said:
most of the time (only with the new forum software).

Jim

Cool. That's good info to know. Thanks.

dutchman

Toliver said:
It's my thread and we can derail it if we want to.

Now, do you have any suggestions for someone looking for one? She found one at Galyans for $15 and then found one smaller at Bass Pro for 20 or 30 I forget exactly. She figures there must be some difference in quality or something.

No matter what type you buy (stove top or camp oven like the one in my avitar) you should buy a Lodge. Bass Pro stocks them. Gaylan's stocks some other brand (made overseas). Lodge is made in the USA up in TN to be exact. Buy one of the Lodge Logic ovens, they're pre-seasoned and ready to use. You don't have to season them and that's a big plus. Check the link,

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=3948

Toliver

Cool. You may become my wife's new best friend. If that happens, do you promise to keep her?

dutchman

From what I read in here, you'd better hang on to what you got! ::ke:

But you can never have too many friends, so yeah, I'll keep her. As a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.