I know, I know...nobody cares about the deficit

PopPop

To be honest, I have quit caring. We are never going to balance the budget and cut government. Instead of trying to stop the train, I just moved up to first class and ordered a Vodka and Tonic, hold the tonic. Don't worry about getting your steps in, Sistah, just keep bringing the vodka, no need to ask.
I say I don't care, but that ain't the truth, I care deeply. I just recognize that there is nothing I can do to change the course we are on. It is far better that I get in a life boat and encourage others to get in one as well.
Find You a Lifeboat.

Patriot44

I say I don't care, but that ain't the truth, I care deeply. I just recognize that there is nothing I can do to change the course we are on. It is far better that I get in a life boat and encourage others to get in one as well.
Find You a Lifeboat.
Agree with the added change of a first class seat, free Vodka and a hot chick serving. I literally have stayed awake at night thinking about it. It just ages me. Ifin I am going to age, let the vodka do it.

An iceberg floats 90% below the surface. The public is an iceberg. Intelligence on top. Most below the surface with politicians and media scraping the bottom.

There's no stopping the coming collapse. Even if all the changes that need to be made, (none of which have the least chance of being implemented) were made, there still would be hard times ahead. The huge debt that has been piled up will never be paid, and collapse is the result of not paying.

drhunter1

Nobody listens to me.

Keep doing what you've been doing, and everything will work out.
That’s not true. I listen to you and have changed my thinking on a good many things because of it.

I vote differently as well.

Oh, there's a few of us who care. The problem is that the majority of voting population don't and they will vote out any politician talking about touching the government goodies. Welfare programs (SS, Medicare, food stamps etc), military spending and bloated government will take us down eventually. A new United States will rise from the ashes. I will probably be not around when all that happens, but I feel sorry for the younger folks. That's why I don't understand the young ones who are ecstatic about Bernie, Pocahontas, AOC et al. Don't they realize those politicians are only accelerating the downhill speed?

All Western countries are in the same pickle. Perhaps the politicians have realized that all their debt will be wiped out the books at some point. Either by a consensus decision or WWIII. You know, too big to fail...In any case, I am here for the ride.

hawglips

Over a trillion dollars this budget year.

Meh.

Long as we got a McDonald's on every corner, two cars in every driveway and a flat screen TV in every room, we ain't go no time for worrying bout no deficit.

Thread starter #30
Long as we got a McDonald's on every corner, two cars in every driveway and a flat screen TV in every room, we ain't go no time for worrying bout no deficit.
You know, I'm going to be honest. I find I agree with more of what you post these days than I did way back. It is kind of disturbing. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

jimbo4116

Retired Moderator
I am a "baby boomer". All successive generations are blaming us for all these fiscal problems of the US. While I don't accept personal responsibility I do realize that I have met the enemy and he is us. I have a decade or so to live if I am lucky. I have also come to realize that those generations behind me are not worried about the yet unborn generations to following them. I am embracing the benefits of living a long life in America.

That said, I know longer vote in consideration of the fiscal policies oft championed by Politicians. My full faith is that they will finance my old age right up to the day I pass or the money runs out. I find the following to be the most accurate assessment of our plight.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

Again, forty-leven million....we dedicate our lives, our fortunes, etc.

All that has to happen is that every single person on this board who feels that way, and a couple million more nationwide, commit their lives, for the rest of their lives, to the proposition of genuine, accept-no-substitutes, real deal American liberty and radically limited government.

All day, every day. Every issue, every candidate, every election.
The question remains. how do we stop it. I have my own Ideas, like cutting entitlements 80%, and then getting my self ready to endure the riots that will follow. Not anything short of that, will never address the deficit. But without major cuts to entitlements, everything else is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it sinks.

It's too late now to do anything. Now is the time to plan for the coming collapse. The question is will it be 5, 10, 20, 30 years from now?

I've only said it forty-leven million billion gazillion times.

Radically limited government. Get the government out of doing the things they have no business doing. Cut the budget DEEP - to the bone and beyond. End the welfare state.

Blah, blah endless blah.
You're gonna get your wish in about 5-7 years. All of your tax money will go towards paying the interest on our national debt. There will be very little in the way of a national government. I figure it to be a fair trade. It will be like hush money.:bounce: