I need to find a new mosquito facemask

spring

I need to find a new mosquito facemask, hopefully like the one I've had in the past which is pictured on my son below. These kind slip over your hat where elastic holds them on and then another elastic band that holds it around your neck. The reason it works so well is that it bubbles out from your face so that the mosquitoes cannot land on it and bite through as most facemasks allow. In addition, when the light is low, you slip the mask down below your nose so that your eyes are not obscured in any way while still having full protection everywhere else. I've used these things for years and know of nothing else that's even close for these hot days in a deer stand. I lost mine when hunting two months ago and need another.
In the past I've seen them for sale in 2 places; one was at a military store near Ft Benning (Ranger Joes, I think) and the other was by a vendor years ago at the Buckarama. I looked for the latter this year in Perry and didn't see them.
Have any of you ever seen these things around? Have any idea who makes them or where I can find a new one? They're so simple but really do work.

16631DSC00502-med.JPG

Trizey

I picked one up several years ago at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure if you can still find one there or not :huh:

Jriley

The best one I've used comes on the bug tamer suit. It fits under your arms and over your hat so the little guys can't fit their beaks in anywhere. I just used one in Canada last spring and it worked great. I can't say the same for the rest of the bug tamer suit. I ended up having to wear two suits to keep from being eaten alive.

spring

That's actually a Bug Tamer jacket my son has on in that picture. The masks on those jackets is not as transparent as on the little things I'm looking for, which is a significant issue when you're hunting in the shawdows of heavy timber. Also, the ability to move down the little mask I had from your eyes in early or late light is a great thing to me. The Bug Tamer hood doesn't really help in those conditions without fully exposing your face to the skeeters....