i shot the decoy bear at cohutta

ga alan

i was driving the truck and did not get a long look at the bear. then when i went down in to the woods i was walking over rolling hills. walk up the hill look over. walk to next hill sneek up hill stand up peep over hill and see bear and duck back down bear is still eating at log . take a few steps stand up shoot bear, i was hunting not looking. i had just been hunting down in the woods from there, bear sign every where, i expected to see a bear and there it was. it was near sumac creek...

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
America needs needs a new hero, you are it!

You shot the decoy! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Warning tickets are just so they can cover their butts. I'd have told them to kiss mine and then demanded to be arrested. Of course I do spend more $$$ on attorney's fees than most and I have my defense attorney on speed dial.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Great story.
Call Jeff Foxworthy..... "you know you might be a redneck if you ever got a warning ticket for shooting the decoy"

New Classic.

Handgunner

well here is my 2 part response ....

I hate it that you got the warning tickets ....but at least they were warnings !

you shot the DNR bear decoy:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bwaaahahahaha!!!! He shot the decoy. HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl: He shot the *****gasp***** decoy!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pretty funny... :bounce: To bad he didn't let you keep the decoy...

What they said... :rofl: :rofl:

Classic! I can hear that story being told years from now around the campfire!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Gumbo1

i was driving the truck and did not get a long look at the bear. then when i went down in to the woods i was walking over rolling hills. walk up the hill look over. walk to next hill sneek up hill stand up peep over hill and see bear and duck back down bear is still eating at log . take a few steps stand up shoot bear, i was hunting not looking. i had just been hunting down in the woods from there, bear sign every where, i expected to see a bear and there it was. it was near sumac creek...

I can see that, your're excited, creeping up on a bear over a hill or two, the bear head down, :stir:I would have taken a shot also. Wish there was a picture!!!!

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I swear I'd a pitched a fit and wallered on the ground till somebody let me take a picture with that bear decoy and the game warden! This is something the rest of us can only dream about. Heck, be glad for the warnings as mementos of the occasion. Should've made him right the details on them warnings of exactly what you did to get the jump on him. Everybodies right, best story on here!

cmghunter

Way to go..:clap:I bet the GW thinks of you EVERYTIME he sets the decoy out.What a way to leave a lasting impression..:D

R

redneckcamo

hey I was just thinkin........ mighta been 444 marlins bear that they had took an stuffed and set out there as a decoy to catch somebody shootin from the truck an then you seen it an killed it again ! but this time you blowed the stuffin outa that thang :)

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe Woody's Campfire post of the year.

You will be known in every bar that GWs frequent as the guy that shot the Dirty Harry Bear.

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
should have asked them to take yo pic with the bear !!

it woulda made an awsome avatar ..:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I swear I'd a pitched a fit and wallered on the ground till somebody let me take a picture with that bear decoy and the game warden! This is something the rest of us can only dream about. Heck, be glad for the warnings as mementos of the occasion. Should've made him right the details on them warnings of exactly what you did to get the jump on him. Everybodies right, best story on here!
Yep that was definately a Kodak moment!!:bounce:

Way to go..:clap:I bet the GW thinks of you EVERYTIME he sets the decoy out.What a way to leave a lasting impression..:D
That's why he gave the warnings!!.................Game Warden messed his pant's at the gunshot:bounce::bounce:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Should have shot it in the head:D

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Thats awsome,
Only story that comes close is when someone slipped around and strapped an orange vest to the deer decoy.

AmericanBorn57

I can feel for you man. Now that's funny...probably because we've all done something almost as bad. I stalked a flock of goose decoys once, was supposed to flush them for the two boys that just crawled through the mud where they should fly when I flushed them...after 100 yards through fresh plowed wet mud, uphill, I stood up to see what I had been stalking up on...duh. And one year we invited the GWs to our club cuz we had a number of folks shooting from the road. I slipped in from the woods side, last day of the season, last light, and two monster bucks stalk still 100 yards away from me - 50 yards or so from the woodline (then the road). Three does jumped up in front of me...ran to these two monsters which never flicked a tail, never flicked an ear - so as I put a scope on them I remebered inviting the GWs to put up the decoys. Just as I bring my gun down saying dang, those things look so real...the both ran into the woods!
Your story is much funnier - a picture would have been great.

bowbuck

That's an awesome story. They never expected someone to sneak up on it from the woods side. LOL. I would have to have my picture made with the thing. Tell em to write you a ticket for the picture too. LOL>

Gentleman4561

HAHAHA YOU SHOT THE DECOY....Thats great