I think Karma hates me ………

Tentwing

Well …… I find myself once again needing help from the Gurus at GON.

I was down to Braselton over the Fourth of July holiday to see my youngest grandchildren. My kids were getting the BBQ and such ready, and the my granddaughter was getting bored, so my wife and I decided to take the babies to a small park near their other grandparents house in Dacula.

It is a small park with swings and slides and a fountain pool so the babies could play in the water. There is also a walking path around a pond, and an open field maybe an acre and a half surrounded by woods. Now their MeMe was watching the babies play in the water, so started wondering around and looking in the dirt. I didn’t have any real hopes as the park had been land scraped and the dirt leveled.

I in the shade of a small transplanted Maple tree, because it was in the 90’s and I was melting when I looked down and saw the base of a point half buried among the landscaping wood chips. My first taught was “please let it be whole”. My second thought was to call my “ Little Rock hunting buddy” over so she could be the one to remove it from the dirt.

40B83A6B-A4D0-4078-BC56-6944DF993292.jpeg

I call out to Ava to come over and see what her PawPaw found. She reluctantly leaves the fountain ( did I mention the Fourth of July heat in middle Georgia) to come over to see what her PawPaw is up to. I point out the half buried rock at the base of the Maple tree and say to her ………

Me …… “Ava sweetheart pick up that rock”

Ava …… “but it’s dirty PawPaw “

Me …… “okay Honey we’ll just use that stick to dig it up”

She digs it out never minding that their was just as much dirt on the stick:unsure:. She immediately recognizes that it is an “Ava Rock” , she pointed out that her dad says that they are Indian arrowheads. Well ?? I thought not exactly but close enough for a four year old . She then ask where did it come from??…… Now not only am I not knowledgeable about the whole Early/Mid/Late Archaic thing , but she’s four. I instead began to spin a yarn fit for a little girl who loves her some Princesses.:unsure:

I ask her if she remembered Pocahontas? Of course she did . She has every Disney Princess movie memorized. Then I told her how Pocahontas was a magic Indian Princess , and even though we couldn’t see her that from time to time she would leave one of her Indian arrowheads for only very special little girls to find………;)

Karma comes back to bite me in the *** in … 3 … 2 … 1……:mad:

Ava …… “POCAHONTAS ……POCAHONTAS …………!!!!:eek:

She yelled at the top of her little lungs waving her little arms in the air with so much excitement. Then … bang takes off as fast as her little legs would carry across the field headed towards the woods ……

Ava …… “ I see her PawPaw … she’s behind that tree … “:oops:

Sooooo , I brake and take off running in the 200 degree heat ( or what might pass for running by a grandfather) after my little Sweetheart. All the time thinking to myself “ Oh crap my baby girl is headed towards the high grass at the edge of the woods, and it’s the height of Copperhead season “ I managed to scoop her up in my arms just as she got to the woods.

Ava … go go go PawPaw she is behind that tree hurry catch her!…! No PawPaw now she behind that other tree over there hurry……

So I spent the next 45 minutes running to look behind what seemed like half the trees in Barrow County that were big enough for an Indian Princess to hide behind. Oh did mention that it was 500 degrees with 110% humidity. ……… I hate freakin Karma .

Well I finally convince her that Pocahontas was magical and wouldn’t let us catch her , but that was why she had left the arrowhead for her. We make it back across the field to the fountain where her MeMe and her little brother were waiting for us. Her grandmother says to me “ I can’t wait to hear what that was all about “. :ROFLMAO:

We get back to my son’s house, and I take a shower and get into dry clothes, and my wife tells everyone what transpired at the park, and they had a good laugh at my near death experience with heat and humidity so hot it cannot be accurately measured by modern technology. The laughter abruptly stopped when Ava insisted that her mom and dad take her back tomorrow to look for Pocahontas…:ROFLMAO:CD393A5C-ECFB-41EF-AEDF-CC46C913DB38.jpeg

Any way I yet again am asking for help from the GON gurus to identify what my rock hunting Princess has found ? Thanks again
DF902554-F04F-4887-96A0-0CCA76D46990.jpeg

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Both the holder and the holder are beautiful. Congratulations on a great Holiday. That would make a great neck kni.... necklace for her a little later on. All princesses need to have a necklace. Probably won't set off metal detectors either. LOL

ghadarits

I'd call that a great day with the Grand Princess. I can only hope to have those types of experiences with my grands one day. She's a mighty cute Princess by the way.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It was soooo Hot that the heat CANNOT accurately be measured by modern technology ??

BTW after we all got cleaned up from our Park experience her other Grandparents got to hear ( at length)? all about how she found Pocahontas in the “Big Woods” …… she know how to captivate her audience ❤️?

View attachment 1165689
Good stuff. What a beautiful princess.

sleepr71

I think what that little girl really found was her Grandpa’s heart ??. She’s as cute as can be & probably hard to say NO to! I remember when mine was 4..I’d get home from work & she would be standing at the sliding glass doors..waiting on me to pick her up & hug me? Enjoy every minute that you can. I hope she hangs on to that Arrowhead & has a cool little display case to keep it in. Thanks for sharing your adventure ?

Tentwing

I think what that little girl really found was her Grandpa’s heart ??. She’s as cute as can be & probably hard to say NO to! I remember when mine was 4..I’d get home from work & she would be standing at the sliding glass doors..waiting on me to pick her up & hug me? Enjoy every minute that you can. I hope she hangs on to that Arrowhead & has a cool little display case to keep it in. Thanks for sharing your adventure ?

sleepr71, ……… let there be no doubts about it ……… you are 100% correct she IS a straight up Heart STEALER ??❤️

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Tentwing,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story and photos with all of us. Your family is very blessed indeed.

I didn't see this thread originally but after going back and reading all of it, this thread is absolutely wonderful. This has to be one of the most beautiful little girls anywhere around.

Initially, it made me think about my Daughter "Allison" of which I named 7 years before she was born as I always wanted a daughter with that name. My daughter is now 40 years old.

The shock that has hit me is the fact that just on Wednesday of this week, as I was having lunch in the same restaurant that I do most weekdays with my lady friend, I looked over and saw a beautiful lady along with her granddaughter and she and the young lady in this story look more like twins.

I was amazed that during their entire lunch that this young lady was very attentive and also ate all of her lunch and even used her napkin to wipe her face etc. As I sat there and watched from about 20 feet away, I was amazed by the conversation of this lady and her granddaughter. You could easily see the love that was shared between them during their entire meal as this little girl carried on a good conversation with her grandmother.

I decided to buy their lunch so I asked their server to give me their bill as I would like to take care of it. Ultimately, the server told the lady that it was "Mr. Mike" who wanted to pay their bill along with any tips involved.... she also told her that I frequently do that for various others and especially for military personnel. As the server looked my way, the lady then realized that it was me.

As this lady finished up, she and her granddaughter came over to our table and thanked me for my kind gesture and then she told us that her granddaughter was named "AVA" and she was now 6 years old. The young lady in this story here on GON and the one here in Augusta look more like twins as they are both beautiful.

The really odd fact is that I have never known anyone personally that was named "Ava" until now BUT both of these TWO young ladies are surely beautiful and obviously also have super nice relatives as well.