I want a DSLR!

Capt Gary

I am an old fishing, hunting, shooting, gun nut. Started fooling with camera about 2yrs ago.
It's awful.....wish I had never started.

You can't quite, everytime you get something new it drives you right to the next item.
It's never ending and you get so critical of your photos your never really happy with them.

I love it........just need more time and more money!!

toyota4x4h

Ive got the Canon EOS Rebel dslr. I paid roughly 400$ about 5 months ago and got 2 lenses the 85mm and a 300mm. Ive used the Nikon d3000 which is or was I dunno in the same entry level as my Canon. Both are great..I just think the Canon and its menus are much easier to use. But then again I havnt sat down and researched how to use the Nikons and Im sure there easy when you put time in those. My Canon albeit entry level with Lightroom 3 can put out some pretty awesome pics. For starters id pick one of the entry levels and get a nice editing software and your good to go!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! (youll get one trust me hehe) :yeah:

Bootknife

Nikon D90...

Is a good entry level DSLR. However, its still pricey..Here's a pic of two new family members.

Attachments

• Family pic.jpg
    Family pic.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 751

Razorback

Is a good entry level DSLR. However, its still pricey..Here's a pic of two new family members.

Heck of a first post!!!:clap:

Nice shooting sticks. Now for the camera...meh could have at least bought a Canon.;) Just kiddin ya.

From a Canon guy,
Razor

Bootknife

Oh believe me; I know Cannon is good stuff. I had to cough up a lung to buy my daughter a D60 for her photo journalism college course, WT….:cry:

Deadringer

Just bought the wife a Canon T3i for her birthday. Found it on sale at Costco and came with additional lens. Seems like a great camera. Maybe she will let me borrow it to post pictures of the woods and creatures...

rip18

Yep, that's a great little camera! Hope you get to use it at least a little bit!

RossVegas

Not a bad starter set, but your going to want a decent zoom lens to do any real outdoor photography.

I have a Canon Xti, it's an older model, doesn't do video, used CF cards, 10mp. I have the base lens, a 300mm zoom, and a 28-80 zoom. the 28-80 has always been my goto lens. It recently bit the dust, so I've got to buy another.

I bought this one used off ebay for around $350 4 or 5 years ago. I've thought about upgrading, but it's still and excellent camera. Watch Craigslist, I see them on there regularly for 400-600. If you'll watch, you can find someones complete setup, with all the lenses you'll need.

Once you've used a DSLR, it's hard to go back. I have a canon point and shoot, that I still carry from time to time, when I don't want to carry the "bigger" camera. But I prefer my DSLR. I occasionally get a blurry pic, but this thing will stop action on a dime.

natureman

I'll throw this into the discussion. Do you also plan to shoot any video? The Panasonic GH3 is a decent still camera and superior video camera. It can be had for about $800. The m4/3 camera/lens system is very lightweight. I am currently using its big brother the GH4 and the Panasonic 14-45mm, 45-175mm and Olympus 60mm macro. With the crop factor the focal length is doubled so the 45-175 becomes 90-350 which isn't bad for wildlife. From a stills standpoint it is not is the same league as the Canons and Nikons but gives good enough results for my needs.