I won a quota hunt, what now?

MissouriBoy

Well I put in for a turkey quota hunt, and I just got the email which stated I won. What do I need to do now? This will be my first turkey season hunting in Georgia, and I’m completely unfamiliar with the rules surrounding the quota hunts. Have any of you won one, and could tell me what I need to bring along as far as paperwork.

MissouriBoy

Hope you tag you one. I use to hunt there a couple times a deer and hog season.
Thank you, I’m looking forward to it. We just got here back in October so I’ve been unfamiliar with how the quota system works. Glad I will get a chance this year!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep sign in and go hunting , you got til February 29th to small game hunt , I’d go scouting with my 22mag and u may get lucky and run up on some pigs , especially important if you’ve never been on the place , if you haven’t already I’d also recommend downloading the Go outdoors Ga app on your phone , it’s got the hunting regs and u can have your license on it also game check which is required in Ga , also check in for your hunt . U can also hunt oaky woods the rest of the season after your quota, and you’ve got ocmulgee WMA across the River, good luck

MissouriBoy

Yep sign in and go hunting , you got til February 29th to small game hunt , I’d go scouting with my 22mag and u may get lucky and run up on some pigs , especially important if you’ve never been on the place , if you haven’t already I’d also recommend downloading the Go outdoors Ga app on your phone , it’s got the hunting regs and u can have your license on it also game check which is required in Ga , also check in for your hunt . U can also hunt oaky woods the rest of the season after your quota, and you’ve got ocmulgee WMA across the River, good luck
I have the app downloaded, and I’m gunna start scouting thus week! Thanks.

Jfaass

Hopefully you have a better experience with the turkey quota hunt. Rum creek deer hunt was a joke. I got walked in on I can’t even count the times. Good luck bud

MissouriBoy

Hopefully you have a better experience with the turkey quota hunt. Rum creek deer hunt was a joke. I got walked in on I can’t even count the times. Good luck bud
Thanks. Judging by some numbers I will have my work cut out for me!