I wonder

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I think the next thing being worked on is more of a generator running from the axels turning. I dont think it would ever be enough to completely power the car but it would be able to charge electrical cells and extend range kind of like how a hybrid works. there are just not enough RPM's but future gearing is where this will come to light.

The laws of physics don't support complete self reliance. Kind of like a 3 phase generator.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
It or something similar must work or people will be taking nothing but very short trips in the future.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It or something similar must work or people will be taking nothing but very short trips in the future.
I see Tesla’s from out of state on the highway all the time. Apparently the onboard computer calculates mileage and tells you where charging stations are.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I see Tesla’s from out of state on the highway all the time. Apparently the onboard computer calculates mileage and tells you where charging stations are.
They are not currently for me, but I will probably have one in the future. My wife and I drive from GA to WV 6 times per year and see them all the time charging at Sheets (where we stop once near Bristol and beyond). Its less than 30 min to charge them now for something like $11. If we had electric, that would equate to less than $20 bucks each way. I currently spend $150 each way.

We limit our stops but to stop, grab food and let the dogs walk, its min of 30 minutes for us anyway. Like I said, not for us currently and it will be a long while to get truck and towing right, but I can see one in my distant future.

Once they get 600m plus which is sooner than later, I can see one being a lot more valuable.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I would say to get a real picture of ROI one would have to add in battery replacement or the cost of upgrading to a new model every few years.

27metalman

What am I looking at? A propane powered generator charging a truck? This seems to be economical, eco friendly, and practical on so many levels that I can't even wrap my head around it all. I've heard, not anything I can attest to, but the Death Star had a system somewhat like this as well.