ID this weed

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I got a bumper crop this year in my yard. Roundup takes at least 2 treatments to kill it.20200530_161005_copy_612x816.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Kinda of looks like the same enemy I’m fighting.

CCF915B8-A733-468C-9139-7D0AA22BD647.jpeg

Toliver

If you're a phone app kind of person, my swears Picture This works to identify plants. She said it works by leaf or bloom. There's a free version that lets you identify a few plants a day then the paid version allows more. Hope this helps.

Toliver

She just used the app on your picture as I was asking her about it. It says it is Common three-seeded mercury, a species of Copperleafs.

dwhee87

She just used the app on your picture as I was asking her about it. It says it is Common three-seeded mercury, a species of Copperleafs.

Might be a match. Pics of that have green stalks, and mine are reddish. There is one image I've found that shows it with a red stalk, the Virginia Copperleaf, that may be a match. But that sounds like a cool app. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

Patriot44

Banned
Dave, I pick those early every year and they seem to go away and stay away until the next spring. My neighbor doesn't pick and he seems to have them still sprouting up where my yard is currently and has been free of them for several weeks. Eventually, his chemicals will kick in and get them (or the heat) and they too go away until the next year.

I use Weed Man and they do a great job but picking them in April is usually what helps best for me. I also normally do one application of Image late April or early May on top of the service.

dwhee87

Never had them this bad, Robbie. I did an Image application a week ago. Looks like they're stressing, so hopefully it'll get them. I missed my pre-emergent treatment back in Feb...just plain forgot. Now I'm battling those and the annual bluegrass, but I think the heat will kill the annual bluegrass before the Image does.

Lesson learned on the pre-emergent.