Ideas for money shoots

Which buyin/payout would make you pre buy a spot?

• $100 buy in 70% to 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100 buy in 70% split 50,30,20% 1st, 2nd, 3rd

• $75 buy in 70% to 1st

• I wouldn’t ever do that

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bullfrog81

Hello everyone,

If you would be so kind to give some input on this pole it would be greatly appreciated.

For reference I will be hosting something similar to these polls in the near future. It will be at a private range in north ga. All shots will be on bag targets to start then adding 3D.

6 archer minimum
10 archer max

dgmeadows

First, entry fees that are higher than ASA are going to be a difficult thing to get people to do, especially for an unknown entity/host. Second, shooting at bag targets will probably not interest a lot of people. In that regard, more information is needed - do you intend to just have a spot shoot at a set yardage at first to generate money to buy the 3Ds, or are you talking about setting bag targets at varying distances like a 3D? Lots of unknowns.

I understand there are certain personality types that want to shoot for money or not shoot at all, but there are also a lot of folks that would rather just shoot for the enjoyment of the sport and if they win a small pot of money, that's just a bonus. Personally, I'd rather pay $20-$30 for a typical weekend club 3D shoot than $75 - $100 for a limited entry shoot like you are describing.

My personal experience over 30+ years is, when the focus becomes the money payback, pencil whipping and other cheating accusations are inevitable.

Best of luck.