If a virus killed your daughter but not you, could you witness on the power of prayer?

atlashunter

I want to make sure I understand -
Are you contending that Christianity has always seperated itself from politics and that only false religions do that?

I think the Roman Catholic Church missed that memo. Why is it called Roman again? :unsure:

WaltL1

I think the Roman Catholic Church missed that memo. Why is it called Roman again? :unsure:
Thats what I was thinking.
Politics and Christianity have been bedmates from the beginning.

kmh1031

Yes u are right all of Christianity and other religions think that they are aligned with God..

All one has to do is look at their fruits…and the 5-8 key traits of the true religion that Jesus gave that would identify the true religion today… litmus test, and most all fail ….

He knew over the years..they would deviate, Satan would infiltrate and thus he left those identifying marks for any to use… to identify the a true religion.. very simple test… few can stand which creates a clear path..

Many are on the road to destruction… Matt 7:14
How does this compare to the billions following the false teachings today for most all religions?
Few vs many?

If that is what u are basing ur non belief on religions today… I agree with u… as u are wise in that regard
As just a few are following the teachings of the Bible and Jesus

oldfella1962

Not necessarily true. The church had to make suicide a severe sin to keep from losing folks that really wanted to get to heaven and skip all this suffering.

Well that didn't work for my mother-in-law. A couple of months ago she killed herself with an overdose of prescription medications. :( Her husband died about 18 months ago and all she ever talked about since was dying so she could be with him in heaven.
Mission accomplished.......maybe?

WaltL1

Absolutely. If a tree or a bush, burning or otherwise, tells me to to treat you as I do myself and to forgive you if you trespass against me, wouldn't you want me to continue to listen to that tree? What's the worst thing that you think the Western, modern version of Christian doctrine instructs people to do? I don't really have many gripes with the present version except for the fact that powerful political figures take advice from religious leaders and that they stand in the way of medical and scientific advancements sometimes.
If a tree or a bush, burning or otherwise, tells me to to treat you as I do myself and to forgive you if you trespass against me, wouldn't you want me to continue to listen to that tree?
I would have to know more about how that person treats themselves. Some folks (most folks?) are their own worst enemy.
and to forgive you if you trespass against me,
Not sure.
Some of the most valuable lessons I have learned in life is precisely because I DIDNT "get away with it" and had to deal with the consequences. And who knows, that might include spending eternity roasting marshmallows over the big fire down below.
What's the worst thing that you think the Western, modern version of Christian doctrine instructs people to do? I don't really have many gripes with the present version
Probably that it promotes a "us vs. them" mentality. Which can go from pretty minor to pretty extreme depending on the person listening.
they stand in the way of medical and scientific advancements sometimes.
I worry a little less about that in todays society. Slow down progress in some cases? Yes. But medical and scientific advances have always gotten around that and will continue to do so.