If Christians would work as hard as anti Christians

Dana Young

I wonder how big Christianity would get if we Christians worked as hard to show the world we were right in our beliefs as Anti christians. Like I have said before we are not enforcers of the word Just proclaimers and I guess we don't work as hard because we aren't enforcers. the point is we have to proclaim Jesus not prove him and the rest of the religions try to prove their Religion.

GeauxLSU

Dana Young said:
I wonder how big Christianity would get if we Christians worked as hard to show the world we were right in our beliefs as Anti christians. Like I have said before we are not enforcers of the word Just proclaimers and I guess we don't work as hard because we aren't enforcers. the point is we have to proclaim Jesus not prove him and the rest of the religions try to prove their Religion.
I only try to prove the things I'm unsure about.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
New thread Pirates:huh:

Ive often wondered myself that very same thing. What shape this world would be in if we worked as hard as the non-believer does.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Ghandi once made some comment about the New Testament, something about it having the power to change the world. What if Christians were as diligent as JW's or Mormons?

GeauxLSU

David Mills said:
Ghandi once made some comment about the New Testament, something about it having the power to change the world. What if Christians were as diligent as JW's or Mormons?
There's two sides to it right? Look how big we are WITHOUT doing that. I like to think we get comitted individuals rather than co-erced ones. Are we answering the commission? Perhaps not, but there is a line that I would certainly not want to see us cross.

BANDERSNATCH

Christians would be more diligent if we felt like we had to earn God's favor. JW's don't go door2door for the fun of it. JW's aren't really sure if they will get eternal life either...

Bandy

Dudley Do-Wrong

JW's and Mormon's aren't Christians?

I knew that was coming, and I'll answer it like this: Kerri, you obviously read into my statement that I don't consider JWs and LDS as Christians. I obviously made the distinction in my statement and that's all I'm going to say.

What happened to "hugs"?

Dudley Do-Wrong

::ke: ::ke: back at you

StriperAddict

Dixie Dawg said:
(hugs?)

Someone on another thread was offended by it, so I started wondering if maybe there are others who are offended by it but just dont' say anything, so I went back to my 'old' signature that I used before I considered you all 'friends'. That's not to say I dont' still consider you all friends, though :)

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

Folks at church and at my job (!) know I'm a hug-a-holic... maybe I'll have to take on your ol' signature :D

To answer the original Q... preaching the gospel is every Christians' business, both by what we say and what we do. And both of these are a work of His Spirit when we are abiding in Jesus. What I know I must do regulary is sit at the feet of my Lord and by His prompting... get His "marching orders". What we fail to see is that this walk is one without the "burden" of "guilt driven duty', but is the liberating walk of a true child of God. True, we sometimes lack conviction about the truth, or worse, we don't have enough concern for the lost, but this is what we need to take to the cross (... I'll speak for myself... DAILY) because without the leading of the Holy Spirit, all our labor is in vain. (yes, even this post)

Blessings & HUGS (you too, Kerri :) ),

Glenn

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Dixie Dawg said:
I certainly hope that this thread wasn't implying that I am anti-Christian because I am a non-believer. I'm not anti-Christian, I have many friends who are Christians. We just don't have the same spiritual beliefs.

One observation... if you make a proclaimation, people are going to ask for verification. I suppose that's where the 'proof' comes in?

Love, light & blessings,
Kerri ;)

I dont think it was directed at you Kerri, but we may have to throw it your way before the day is over:bounce:

Just kidding:cheers: