If money wasn't an option....

Lilly001

A pre-64 style SA custom made rifle in .358 win.
22" carbon type barrel and a realy nice figured walnut stock.
Topped by a high dollar compact scope.
Then I'll put it in its own gun safe and never use it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
H&H double in some caliber that starts with at least a .416, maybe a .700 NE. Sharps in .45-90 or .50. Winchester 1895 in .405. Barret .50. Custom flintlock in .54. One of those Nemo Omen ARs in .300WM. Ma Deuce machine gun. 20mm cannon.

SC Hunter

Buy a big chunk of property and manage it how I want to. Bird fields for every weekend and plenty deer and turkeys. Build my parents a house and build my brother a house. Take care of my whole family and have a custom 22-250, custom 300 win mag, custom 7mm-08 and a custom 22 magnum since I've got to mention guns.

Mainly I'd make sure my parents never worked again and could go and do whatever in the world they could think of.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
More belt fed MGs and FA Rifles...especially a MG-42, Browning M2, BAR, M-60 and a Minigun in 7.62...plus ammo to feed them all

SC Hunter

I`ll be giving my friends a key to the gates and an open invite. :)
We think alot alike in that aspect. I've always said that if I won hundreds of millions of dollars that my good friends would never have to worry about anything. I have just a few good friends that i talk to on a regular basis and I'd make sure they were well taken care of but they wouldn't get constant help, 1 time thing kinda deal with it being up to them to do as they please. Their kids would have accounts for college and all. They know who they are but those friends would always be invited on my properties and we would have a big time rambling around. I'd like a piece of property big enough it took a day or so to go across it. Dove birds in the summer and a river to ride and fish, deer in the fall, ducks and a piece out west to get to hear elk bugle. Let me get back to work now. haha

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
We think alot alike in that aspect. I've always said that if I won hundreds of millions of dollars that my good friends would never have to worry about anything. I have just a few good friends that i talk to on a regular basis and I'd make sure they were well taken care of but they wouldn't get constant help, 1 time thing kinda deal with it being up to them to do as they please. Their kids would have accounts for college and all. They know who they are but those friends would always be invited on my properties and we would have a big time rambling around. I'd like a piece of property big enough it took a day or so to go across it. Dove birds in the summer and a river to ride and fish, deer in the fall, ducks and a piece out west to get to hear elk bugle. Let me get back to work now. haha
I've had this thought for several years,people are impressed with possessions,I get that. Some folks would be impressed with large houses or fancy cars or jewelry,rare art objects etc. If you would give me a ride in a pickup truck on your property at 50-60 mph,for the better part of an hour,I'd be impressed. If it was all good agricultural quality land,double the impression. If your hands were heavily calloused from working on said land,make that triple impression.

SC Hunter

I've had this thought for several years,people are impressed with possessions,I get that. Some folks would be impressed with large houses or fancy cars or jewelry,rare art objects etc. If you would give me a ride in a pickup truck on your property at 50-60 mph,for the better part of an hour,I'd be impressed. If it was all good agricultural quality land,double the impression. If your hands were heavily calloused from working on said land,make that triple impression.
I'm not sure about 50-60 mph more like easing around on a Polaris Ranger all day just looking, there would also be a fair amount of time spent in a boat checking lines. I'd definitely spend my fair share of time on a tractor and we'd have some pretty corn, peanut and cotton fields. I don't care if I had 5 billion dollars I have to be doing something. I can't just sit and watch people work.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm not sure about 50-60 mph more like easing around on a Polaris Ranger all day just looking, there would also be a fair amount of time spent in a boat checking lines. I'd definitely spend my fair share of time on a tractor and we'd have some pretty corn, peanut and cotton fields. I don't care if I had 5 billion dollars I have to be doing something. I can't just sit and watch people work.
What I meant was traveling that far and that fast,how much property you'd cover in a more or less straight line.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
We think a lot alike in that aspect. I've always said that if I won hundreds of millions of dollars that my good friends would never have to worry about anything. I have just a few good friends that i talk to on a regular basis and I'd make sure they were well taken care of but they wouldn't get constant help, 1 time thing kinda deal with it being up to them to do as they please. Their kids would have accounts for college and all. They know who they are but those friends would always be invited on my properties and we would have a big time rambling around. I'd like a piece of property big enough it took a day or so to go across it. Dove birds in the summer and a river to ride and fish, deer in the fall, ducks and a piece out west to get to hear elk bugle. Let me get back to work now. haha

After reading the previous post made in this thread, I really like SC Hunter's post best and I really like his style.

I do realize that this thread is in the Firearms, Reloading, and Scopes Section BUT.......The fact is that I do not need any more firearms etc as I have way too many already to even be able to fire each one them during the course of each year.

I have never been the type of person that I needed a fancy this or fancy that, big house, big truck or any snazzy automobiles etc. With the above idea of winning Hundreds of Millions of Dollars etc........Well I would very content to just know that I would have enough money to actually purchase whatever that I might decide to choose. The very first thing that I would do is to make sure that my Daughter and Son-in-law would be able to enjoy whatever that they wanted during their lifetime and never have to worry about the cost of it.

The second thing that I would do is make sure that my girlfriend would have anything that she needed during her lifetime and for both of her children to finish school and colleges of their choice and my fondest wish is that these two children would also be very productive citizens just like their Mom and Me and that they would continue to promote the importance of my values of helping others throughout their lifetimes.

Of course, there is one other minor detail involved........With enough money, I would also do my best to donate at least $1,000,000 each to every member of this website just as a THANK YOU from me. One of the BIGGEST THANK YOU's that I could ever give is to Mr. WOODY COFFEE and his Family for the insight on creating a website such as this that has created the friendships that I have gained, the wealth of information that I have been given and shared, and the fantastic good times that I have been able to share with so many of you members here during several GON Gatherings.

And one of the most important things that I am THANKFUL for is for all of the PRAYERS that you have offered on my behalf, with first the loss of my wife in 2006, then ultimately, the loss of my Texas girlfriend in January 2017, and also for so many Prayers during my heart attack and continued related problems beginning in 2007.

Without a doubt, THIS WEBSITE IS A VERY PRODUCTIVE, LIVING, BREATHING PART OF MY EVERY DAY LIFE and I am very indebted to all of you for making this possible. It is a website filled with people that are willing to HELP other people in need. I am very thankful for all of the behind the scenes personnel that makes this website work so efficiently and I am surely thankful for all of the previous Moderators and Administrators and also all of the current ones as well because these individuals really make this website very special as well.

With all of the above done, I would have a HUGE smile on my face until my last breath. :cheers:

TomC

Buy some more land next to the land I just bought in western Kentucky to set up a 1000 yd range and then a nice setup from GA Precision or Masterpiece Arms maybe topped off with a S&B or Zero Compromise scope and all the other goodies for long range plinking.

Would also need a REALLY nice sinker mahogany custom shop Martin acoustic guitar from Gruhns in Nashville along the lines of say a D18 or 000-18 to play in between shots while the barrel is cooling off!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
More belt fed MGs and FA Rifles...especially a MG-42, Browning M2, BAR, M-60 and a Minigun in 7.62...plus ammo to feed them all

Hey Dutch, you ever hand fire the mini gun?

280 Man

Banned
I would make sure the churches that are doing the work of God had what they needed to continue their missionary vision to reach the "lost"!

Lay not treasure up for yourself here on earth where thieves break through and steal and rust doth destroy!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would be more impressed if your land was all grown up in trees and bushes and native vegetation. :)