If the Primary Elections for Governor was held today I would vote in:

How would you vote in the primary for the Governors election if it were held today?

• I would vote in the Democrat primary.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I would vote in the Republican primary.

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • I would vote in a third party primary.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I would not vote.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Republican primary

It depends on who runs.

T

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I would vote in the Democrats primary.

Hopefully we can get Mark Taylor on the ballot or more importantly, keep Cox off the ballot.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I wish Hermain Cain would run. I like that man!

technically

Howard,

I voted for "third party primary" because that's the way I vote in the general election.

BUT, technically, third parties are forbidden by state law from participating in the state's primary process UNLESS they've gotten 20% vote total in either the previous governor or presidential general election. No third party in Georgia currently meets that standard.

Groups that qualify to participate in the electoral process without meeting that 20% goal are legally political bodies, not parties (democrats and republicans).

The Libertarian Party of Georgia, for instance, currently holds an annual convention and the delegates to the convention nominate the candidates for all elective offices at that time.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Jeff Young said:
I would vote in the Democrats primary.

Hopefully we can get Mark Taylor on the ballot or more importantly, keep Cox off the ballot.
Thats a good strategy Jeff. hehehehehe (since my smilies aint workin)

Republican.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
BTW I voted for Herman Cain in the last senatoral election in the primary's

Pappy would whip me if he knew it.

Thread starter #14

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
pbradley said:
Howard,

I voted for "third party primary" because that's the way I vote in the general election.

BUT, technically, third parties are forbidden by state law from participating in the state's primary process UNLESS they've gotten 20% vote total in either the previous governor or presidential general election. No third party in Georgia currently meets that standard.

Groups that qualify to participate in the electoral process without meeting that 20% goal are legally political bodies, not parties (democrats and republicans).

The Libertarian Party of Georgia, for instance, currently holds an annual convention and the delegates to the convention nominate the candidates for all elective offices at that time.
Thanks for that information.

Tim L

I just about always vote republican; there was a time a long time ago when there were still decent democrats, but like I said that was a long time ago. It would be good if we could actually have a viable third party choice, just my opinion, but I think your just throwing away your vote or worse.....Just remember this, if Perot had not run in 92 theres no way Clinton would ever have won.

Tim L

Gaswamp said:
What was wrong with Clinton winning?
Well....maybe I was too harsh on Clinton; he seems totally amoral, but that being said he is shrewd and intelligent, a brillant politican, and on some levels he was an effective president. But my real point was that a third party can be very dangerous to a majority (the vast majority of Perots supporters in 92 were conservative...they divided the conservative base between two candidates and the liberal won....Same thing happen in 1912; Roosevelt and Taft divided the conservative base and Wilson won. (Is possible that the reverse occured in 68 and Wallace pulled away enough democratic votes in the south for Nixon to win; but I don't remember the electoral breakdown in that election).........You know, if you think about; Clinton and Nixon were somewhat alike.....both amoral, but intelligent and somewhat effective presidents........Anyway my point was more about the dangers of 3rd parties in a two party political system than anti Clinton.