If you have a hunt camp in Heard you might want to check it out for downed trees!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Well this weekends ice storm seemed to do a number in Heard county. Went to check on our house and there were many trees down. The small pines and some larger ones couldn't hold the weight of the ice. A lot of the areas didn't have power including our house. We ended up cutting up about 20 or so small pines blocking or ones that had been downed. Many were still bending when we left and I hope they spring back up or we'll be cutting more.

Attachments

• Pic104.JPG
    Pic104.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Pic110.JPG
    Pic110.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 78
  • trees.JPG
    trees.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 78
H

HT2

Dustin.....

We're in Hancock and we got lucky!!!!!!!!

There is a lot of trees and limbs down, but luckily none of our buildings were hit.....

The road leadin' in from the game is completely covered with limbs and small pines.....

Gotta go down and clear a path......

I'm headin' down Thursday morning to do just that....

That "ICE" is some bad stuff..... :hair: :hair:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah : You folks with camps around Ephesus might aught to check them out. We got trees down everywhere and I was without power most of the weekend. Glad this mess is gone for a while.

Meriwether Mike

I will have to call and see if a guy that lives locally can check out our campsite at CHHC and see how it did in the storm.

Meriwether Mike

I hope my space capsule made it! :huh:

camotoy

from macon north

we were hit hard in jones county just got our power back a few minutes ago --- ::; we were not to lucky i have a 4" hole in the roof and 1 side of my eve to the back deck is smashed,but aleast we have power back now :fine:

Latest posts