If you will need glyphosate this year ....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I see that TSC has a new jug with 50 something % concentrate.

doomtrpr_z71

Can you elaborate for us uninformed souls?
The percentage doesn't necessarily matter, the acid equivalent is what matters, a 41% IPA formulation is 3 lbs of glyphosate acid, so the 53.8% formulation he's talking about from tractor supply sounds like a good deal but it's only 4lbs of glyphosate acid, roundup powermax2 or honcho k6 is 48.7% formulation but it's a k salt formulation and is 4.5lbs of glyphosate acid.

This per gallon and the more acid more gallon, the more concentrated it actually is. You can nearly buy 5 gallons of honcho k6 for what a single jug of that 53.8% costs from TSC. Roundup powermax3 is the most concentrated at 4.8 pounds per gallon, it's the same price as that tractor supply 53.8%.

ChattBuck

The percentage doesn't necessarily matter, the acid equivalent is what matters, a 41% IPA formulation is 3 lbs of glyphosate acid, so the 53.8% formulation he's talking about from tractor supply sounds like a good deal but it's only 4lbs of glyphosate acid, roundup powermax2 or honcho k6 is 48.7% formulation but it's a k salt formulation and is 4.5lbs of glyphosate acid.

This per gallon and the more acid more gallon, the more concentrated it actually is. You can nearly buy 5 gallons of honcho k6 for what a single jug of that 53.8% costs from TSC. Roundup powermax3 is the most concentrated at 4.8 pounds per gallon, it's the same price as that tractor supply 53.8%.

Way too many Chemistry and Pharmacology flashbacks here. Please stop! :oops:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:biggrin2::biggrin2::crazy:

The tldr version is don't buy from tractor supply get honcho k6 or roundup powermax2 from an ag chem dealer and save some money
I think the best bang for the buck is Ranger Pro. That's what we use at work, go through about a hundred gallons or more a year.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

doomtrpr_z71

I picked this up yesterday, along with some 34-0-0.

The guy at my ag store says there is some pressure in the market but that he can supply all the needs in this area.

Thanks to @doomtrpr_z71 for the good info.

View attachment 1085238
He must not be doing any brokered sales then, cause Texas will buy every gallon of honcho he has. The ag chem world is as crazy as aoc, Elizabeth Warren, Nancy pelosi and ilhan Omar rolled into one. I never thought I'd see acephate or bifenthrin on allocation or a shortage of glufosinate.

oochee hunter

Off subject a little, I sprayed roundup max 3 sat, 40 min later it came a shower. Read on web that it will work after 30 minutes. Hour later got 2 inches so am I gonna be spraying over???