illinois/indiana from the tree updates...3 bucks down 4 to go!

Hunter Haven

Sounds good... goodluck to all of you and hope ya'll do well!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok folks its opening day of the IL gun season! It was 25 and calm at daylight. I am sitting in a woodlot between a crp field and a small hidden bean field. Its 8am and deer movement has benn good so far and it looks like the rut is still somewhat here.heard a full blown but short fight before light. Have seen a nice buck chase a doe by me but no idea how nice. A fine 2 yr old 8 with 5 in brows circled the woods looking for my "doe" wafers. And rattled in a 3 and a 6 a few mins ago. Bubbabuck has seen several deer chasing including 2 nice bucks. Later

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Activity has died around me but do still have a couple of hours. Will stay all day if it picks back up. Oh yeah...mmm coffee!!

LLove

CONGRATS HONEY! :fine::cool::fine::cool:

JT just called to tell me he just got a 10pt.. he'll get the pix up as soon as he can :banana:

ryano

Banned
CONGRATS HONEY! :fine::cool::fine::cool:

JT just called to tell me he just got a 10pt.. he'll get the pix up as soon as he can :banana:

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::fine::cool:

congrats JT

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well I was just getting ready to do a very quick update cause bucks were everywhere...but since I just shot one I guess it dont matter anymore:D. Ok here goes, I am on a hidden bean field that bubbabuck could see from 400 yards and he said it was covered with bucks and he is right! About 30 mins after sitting down a 130" or so 8 crossed @ 225 yrds. The 10 mins later a beast crossed the same spot! No shot. Then another big buck came out @ same distance but was crossing different directuion kinda towards me. No shot. Bubba who could see all this from across the field is watching all this. I tell him I have not had a shot and he said the last one was a shooter for sure. I rattled when it went in my woodlot and hoped it would pop back out. Well it did quick. Real quick @ about 80 yards. I whistled he stopped and I shot. Now for the bad part:) I am not sure how big he is...he may be a baby 10pt!! I can see him in the field but not his beams and bubba is hunt too close so I am staying put. Update to follow.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Lord LL you put the pressure on me :D I just hope he is as nice as I thought and that ground shrinkage dont happen! He came out real quick...did I say quick:p

BAMA HUNTER

Lord LL you put the pressure on me :D I just hope he is as nice as I thought and that ground shrinkage dont happen! He came out real quick...did I say quick:p

cmon man your in Ill..there aint no little deer out there:bounce: im sure u did ahheeett..lets see some pics..

Hunter Haven

Congrats Jim... let us all know more info. when you can... tell the others goodluck!!!