I'm a little spooked now!

Clipper

Sitting in one of my lock-ons this morning about 9 and looked down to see this! This was new steel swing chain I had used to replace the rusted cables about 3 weeks ago. It was the last of a length I had used to replace the cables on 2 or 3 other stands I have. I was wearing my safety harness, but a fall would still have not been good.

I got the idea of replacing rusted cables with swing chain off one of the boards on this forum, so I'm pretty sure there are others who have done the same thing. I'm now leaning toward buying replacement cables every 2 or 3 years. I just hate that they rust so quick. I checked the specs from one of the big box stores and #2 swing chain is rated for 255 pound working load. I weigh about 200 in full gear and would have to stand on one side of the stand to put near 200 lbs on one cable. I will surely be tied to the tree before stepping on one of these from now on. IMG_0693.JPG

Liberty

Friend, thank you for the heads up, but that is twisted wire. I’d go aircraft cable or welded chain.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
What they said......yikes! Glad ur ok!!

uturn

I believe the ones you have there are way too light weight for that purpose...just my opinion of course.

As mentioned above I think it’s just twisted wire.

Glad you found and all is well!

Tadder

Glad your ok , wrong type of chain on that one. Thankfully your ok. I have use better chain from local hardware store.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Thanks for all your thoughts on my stand situation. After reading the posts and thinking about it, I will be changing out my swing chains to something else. Probably buy replacement cables for each stand.

No matter what you use to replace, never leave the ground without being tied to the tree.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I won't even trust my life to Glock. I dang sure ain't trusting it to swingset chain.

Latest posts