I'm Looking for a Good Bear Taxidermist in NE Georgia? Any Suggestions?

KentuckyHeadhunter

That's a nice bear! Congrats to him. How was the bear initially skinned? For a rug you would make your cuts on the belly but for a half body I think they want the main cuts down the back. Has it been frozen or on ice and how soon from the kill did that happen?

Thank you very much!!! It was dropped at the processor yesterday evening. They were going to skin it for a rug, but said we could still do a half body too? Can you recommend someone by chance? Thanks again!

35 Whelen

Congratulations to your son, let's hear the story of the hunt!

Duff

Fantastic bear! Congrats to your son!

Duff

Oh yeah, trophy taker has always did a great job for me

GAbullHunter

I don't remember the name of taxidermy company but his name was Chris in Cornelia. He even picked up from the processor. However the processor butchered the hide so he could only do so much on it so it was only soft tanned and a Euro skull as well.

Attachments

• 0930222024-1.jpg
    0930222024-1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 28

GAbullHunter

Congrats to him on such a great bear! Glad to see the youngsters in the woods getting them! Oh if he gets the half mount, have the back side left over from the hide soft tanned, makes a cool dresser cover or climb through the ceiling effect. He can get his skull made to a Euro also. Salvage as much as he can and make use of such a beautiful animal!