IMPORTANT! Foothills Landscape Project. Please Read.

jbogg

Hey guys, the forest service has proposed a multi-decade management plan on the Chattahoochee national forest which includes tens of thousands of acres for timber harvest and controlled burns. This is exactly what our forest needs for deer and turkeys to have a chance of thriving once again. I know a lot of the bear hunters on this forum, and realize that almost all of you hunt national Forest. Please make your voices heard. The Forest Service would like to receive comments by January 10, (tomorrow). Hopefully one of you computer savvy guys can figure out how to post a link to make comments. There is a very loud and powerful environmental lobby group called Forest Watch that will fight this tooth and nail. They more than anyone are responsible for there not being much timber harvest or burning on National Forest. Please take the time to fill out a comment in support of this plan. Thanks.

ddd-shooter

I hate that the environmental groups are so vocal, where hunters seldom are.
it’s the whole reason the F.S is trying to limit public opinion on so much of what they do, which I believe is DANGEROUS in the wrong hands, and could backfire on us all.
Think about it, because you misplace your love for nature, you abuse your commenting, weaponize it to stop any management on federal lands, so the gov cannot properly do their job, so they remove commenting as a valid tool, which then leads to excesses, and the forest (heaven forbid) suffers as a consequence. I doubt it would happen, but I am not exactly trusting of govt competence.

tree cutter 08

I was also post this very subject in the deer forum. Worleyburd could I talk ya into it since you know how to post the link? I'm not good with technology!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Done!

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Done.
Seems like environmentalists in todays day Get all the ears.

I’m going to ask my non hunter friends to comment as well. They like the meat I share with them.

Hunters, fisherman, and outdoor enthusiasts are the true environmentalists. Our activity is managed by principles based on biology, not emotion. This will help everyone that uses the NF. There is a plan to reduce sediment into streams and rivers. Add to existing hiking, biking, and equine trails- among many other things. It seems to be the type of project our NF has been missing for quite some time. Drum up all the support you can. We just need #s at this point.

splatek

UAEC
Hunters, fisherman, and outdoor enthusiasts are the true environmentalists. Our activity is managed by principles based on biology, not emotion. This will help everyone that uses the NF. There is a plan to reduce sediment into streams and rivers. Add to existing hiking, biking, and equine trails- among many other things. It seems to be the type of project our NF has been missing for quite some time. Drum up all the support you can. We just need #s at this point.

@worleyburd86 I couldn't agree more!
I just hope that they will listen. My fear is that this is just lip service to give the impression that they are giving the public some input and then just go about what they want to do. I am not usually that pessimistic, never actually, but I've heard that some of these meetings and the hunter reg meetings are sometimes like that. I've never attended so I am just speaking second hand.

I am still going to ask my non-outdoorsy folks to comment.