Impressed with Kirby

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Kirby and the Dawgs will be just fine...

just beat the Gators and I'll be happy.. we already whopped Auburn and the Vols..

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Kirby and the Dawgs will be just fine...

just beat the Gators and I'll be happy.. we already whopped Auburn and the Vols..

Ain't nobody worried about Kirby and them dogs.

We were worried about YOU.

After the way Bama curb stomped them dogs we were worried you would never come back.

Browning Slayer

Ain't nobody worried about Kirby and them dogs.

We were worried about YOU.

After the way Bama curb stomped them dogs we were worried you would never come back.

Worried about me??? :rofl: :rofl:

I was in Utah last week, flew in late Friday and was at camp Saturday.

I survived the Donnan and Goff era's...

This is a breeze!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Worried about me??? :rofl::rofl:

I was in Utah last week, flew in late Friday and was at camp Saturday.

I survived the Donnan and Goff era's...

This is a breeze!

Don't you be mocking our concern Mr. Slayer.

Let's hug this out.

Browning Slayer

Don't you be mocking our concern Mr. Slayer.

Let's hug this out.

I'm all hugged out.. Spent too much time hugging these things last week..:bounce:
71fd4786-6d20-4830-8c68-6d7490ac3926-png.1043843

d78dfda8-e536-448c-900f-2f271e4247f3-png.1043842

c26292a6-c05e-460f-becc-03ee5266e793-jpeg.1043699

brownceluse

Kirby has grown. Kirby is still growing as a HC. Kirby at the helm in Athens is a very good thing. Kirby keeps the Dawgs in the hunt. At some point his bullet will hit the bullseye. It’s bound to happen. The more shots you get the better your aim becomes. It’s great to be a Georgia Bulldog.

Twiggbuster

Not so sure Spurrier would own Kirby.
Kirby- better recruiting
Kirby- defense minded
Kirby- hates the Gators

Spurrier went against Ray Goff for crying out loud.

Geffellz18

agree. Saban is da man. No doubt. But his day will come. Probably like Spurriers did. Both are very egotistical. So those type never know when to quit. The game will pass Saban at some point. It’s the circle of life.

Don’t necessarily disagree with this, but one thing Saban has done is adjust and adapt quickly. Bama’s not the Bama of even a few years ago. He’s brought in top offensive minds to his staff to build that side of the team.
Never would I have ever thought that a Bama offense would be labeled best or near best in the nation. They’ve always been about game management and let the defense dominate the opponent.

It’s a different Tide today!

But agreed, this too shall pass at some point. Until then, Roll Tide!!

RipperIII

Don’t necessarily disagree with this, but one thing Saban has done is adjust and adapt quickly. Bama’s not the Bama of even a few years ago. He’s brought in top offensive minds to his staff to build that side of the team.
Never would I have ever thought that a Bama offense would be labeled best or near best in the nation. They’ve always been about game management and let the defense dominate the opponent.

It’s a different Tide today!

But agreed, this too shall pass at some point. Until then, Roll Tide!!

Eventhough this thread is about the maturation of Kirby, you have to take a look at the master, Saban...dude is pushing 70, still in great physical shape and sharp mental acuity AND willing to make wholesale changes to adapt to the evolution of College football...not because his program is faltering at all. (see NC ) but to stay ahead, his drive to be the best supercedes any "ego" issues perceived by others, indeed it highlights Saban's confidence to continually change and adapt...THIS IS RARE in MOST people who have had success, especially late in life...be it business, sports, politics and relationships.
That is all.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Just gonna throw a little perspective in here.

Nick Saban was an Asst coach in some form for 19yrs and a HC for 8yrs before winning his first Natty.
1603403916065.png

Kirby has been an Asst for only 16yrs and a HC for 4.

1603404023928.png

Comparatively speaking, I think he's in a pretty good spot.

RipperIII

Just gonna throw a little perspective in here.

Nick Saban was an Asst coach in some form for 19yrs and a HC for 8yrs before winning his first Natty.
View attachment 1045268

Kirby has been an Asst for only 16yrs and a HC for 4.

View attachment 1045270

Comparatively speaking, I think he's in a pretty good spot.

That's a good point,..and I'll add...Kirby had a better mentor, so his trajectory should be steeper...except that his Mentor is in the same conference.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
And Saban's early yrs as a HC weren't exactly stellar.

1603404741011.png Although he didn't "inherit" UGA's talent but he also wasn't coaching in the SEC with arguably the GOAT on the other side.

All in all, I think Kirby is doing quite well.

1603404821818.png