In general, do atheists believe that evil exists?

JB0704

I Gots Goats
This little quirk is very evident in bible believing Christian cultures. Where "the bible says" and one is indoctrinated to " rightly discern context" there is no limit to what will come out " in the name of the Lord".

I've seen it so many times. Folks take what's there and spin it to what they want it to be. I've seen churches purge members in the name of "biblical unity" because some folks didn't always agree with the preacher. How they twisted themselves into that knot is beyond me. Ignoring the warnings against pride and the recommendations to be humble is also something I got to witness a ton in my life. Human nature I guess. We see what we wanna see? Regardless, I think it takes an awful lot of pride to say one can speak for God.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen it so many times. Folks take what's there and spin it to what they want it to be. I've seen churches purge members in the name of "biblical unity" because some folks didn't always agree with the preacher. How they twisted themselves into that knot is beyond me. Ignoring the warnings against pride and the recommendations to be humble is also something I got to witness a ton in my life. Human nature I guess. We see what we wanna see? Regardless, I think it takes an awful lot of pride to say one can speak for God.
I think that if God exists, it takes a lot of assumption and exaggeration to even think that you could even vaguely begin to understand what it wants, much less speak for it.