In the market...

dutchman

...for a new gas grill. My old one is about gone and I am looking to buy a new one. This one will be stainless, but beyond that, I'm not sure. I figure somebody here might have an opinion. Let's hear 'em.

GeauxLSU

Good question and ditto Dutchman....
Going to regulate my existing one to camp duty.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't believe the dutch oven king uses a gas grill. This is like the day I found out there wasn't any Santa...next thing y'all tell me wrestling is fake.

QuakerBoy

I love my webber gas grill

Jeff Phillips

I have the 1 shown below. Lowes has them on sales for $299. It is all SS except for the burners, they are very heavy bronze alloy. All of the parts have a 99 year warranty. They are having to replace my grate, last years model was SS clad steel and some rust broke through. They said no problem and the parts are supposed to be on the way.

http://www.charbroil.com/grills/dsstainless.asp

specialk

i have a holland, 15 years old, never a flare-up, close it up and walk away(when you're looking you're not cooking!), mines not stainless, whatever you get buy a cover......

dutchman

No. GA. Mt. Man said:
I can't believe the dutch oven king uses a gas grill. This is like the day I found out there wasn't any Santa...next thing y'all tell me wrestling is fake.

What do you mean there ain't no Santa? :hair:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hated to break it to ya like that Dutch.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
dutchman said:
What do you mean there ain't no Santa? :hair:
Hey Dutch dont listen to him hes just mad at the world because his fish are a dying.

BTW a Weber will last a long time.

Meriwether Mike

I finally upgraded to a Weber last year after getting tired of replacing a cheap one every other year. Its still going strong and Home Depot has all the parts if anything wears out.

Kdog

I have the same one as Jeff Phillips, but mine has a different name on it. If I did not have to get one assembled and was not in a pinch, I would have gotten the Members Mark from Sams for an extra bill. If money does not matter, get a Ducane from BBQ's Galore, or get away from gas and get a Giant Green Egg. You can thank me later for whichever you chose. :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

I have done my homework and would have gotten a different one if time was not critical.

Kdog

TJay

I got a Weber and it is still going strong. It's about 7 or 8 year old and still cooking. I prefer charcoal or wood, but the ol gas grill is sure convenient on a week night for burgers or chicken bosoms.

slightly grayling

Go to the Primo "Factory"

in Norcross......George will fix you up w/ a ceramic smoker.....I recommend the Oval.....these are 100% as good as the green egg (I have both), and cheaper.....
SG

Perry Hayes

Just get a purdy one,Its just a gas burner on the inside.I got a 20 year old Sunbeam, nice one in its day that uses Lava rocks.The main reason I still have it is to cook fish on the side burner.I rebuild it about every four years and keep on cooking. :cool:

Nitro

Banned
I have a Weber Genesis Silver and it does fine for around the house.....at the club we have a "real" grill....

You pull this one behind the truck. Four cook stations and a griddle, burners for grease pots for frying, an oven....

It's a dandy.

ryanwhit

No. GA. Mt. Man said:

I hate to do this...but wrastlen's fake. :rofl:

CAL

ryanwhit said:
I hate to do this...but wrastlen's fake. :rofl:

I know wrastlen's er fake but Santa ain't no fake.My son is 38,daughter is 35 and both still believe.I told them some 25 years ago that it is only if you believe and they still do!Must be so cause Santa still comes to both of them!!!Now ya can't fool my chillen or mer grandchillen either!I ain't arguing,just stating er fact! :fine:

Sorry for the off topic guys,we got to protect out young folks!