In the Viper, playing with the G40MOS...

At the range, sitting down with a make shift rest I can do a 4 " group at 50 yards.
In the woods, supporting with whatever I can find or carry which includes shooting sticks, trigger stick or stand rain, 40 is max with a solid rest. 30 yards or less is deadly any way.
have not carried mine this year, trying to kill one with an old lever action my dad gave me many years ago.
Good Luck!

Thread starter #4

Railroader

looks like he brought his to the hunt too...it looks like he has an XS front sight on his guide gun
Yep, Ashley ghost ring, Lever Scout rail, and front, Leupold Scout Scope...

When I assembled this back in the day, the whole concept was WAY outta the box thinking...

IMG_20201114_090024073.jpg

Jester896

you want out of the box thinking...
I don't use a scope on mine...I have the Ghost Ring mounted to the front sight mount and the hammer spur is on the left side of the trigger...I am right handed...I don't have to move my hand from the grip on the stock to pull the hammer back.

sure is easy to skeet shoot running hogs with it :cool:

is that a lower 1/3 co-witness or co-witness?

Thread starter #6

Railroader

you want out of the box thinking...
I don't use a scope on mine...I have the Ghost Ring mounted to the front sight mount and the hammer spur is on the left side of the trigger...I am right handed...I don't have to move my hand from the grip on the stock to pull the hammer back.

sure is easy to skeet shoot running hogs with it :cool:

is that a lower 1/3 co-witness or co-witness?
No co witness at all...The scope is a 2.5x, front sight is not visible.

Gotta pull the scope to use the irons.