In your typical GA spots, do you expect to see more or less turkeys in 2023?

Do you expect to see more or less GA turkeys in 2023?

• More turkeys in 2023.

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Less turkeys in 2023.

Votes: 37 56.1%

• Total voters

DynamicDennis

Hopefully more, seen quite a few at the end of deer season. But that is pretty typical, by spring they are on the neighbors. But the neighbors got clear-cut, so who knows. Sure wish they would outlaw feeding again, seemed to be more then also. I think more food equals more small game, equals more predators, equals less turks. Just my opinion.

Duckdiver

I expect to see more. I was working 7-12's last season, and I should be laid off this season. LOL

Gbass4567

One tract I lease of 1000 acres always has lots of birds every year. It's alot of ag fields and mature pines and a fresh clearcut. On another tract in emanual county we used to have birds but the last few years hardly any sign or sightings!

dfurdennis

We been trapping our property the last 4 years in a row and we are seeing a big difference in the deer heard, and are seeing a lot more birds, not a lot more birds but 2 years ago did not see or hear a bird on our property all season.

Duckdiver

I would like to change my answer from more to less birds. It appears I will be working 7 days a week throughout this season also. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the State of Georgia for the short season that allowed me one day to hunt this past Monday. Now if we can just get deer season down to 3-4 weeks.

Resica

I would like to change my answer from more to less birds. It appears I will be working 7 days a week throughout this season also. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the State of Georgia for the short season that allowed me one day to hunt this past Monday. Now if we can just get deer season down to 3-4 weeks.
How short is your season?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I saw so few birds last year, I expect to see lots more. It cannot be worse than last year, but I DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! I’ll let ya know how it goes on the old stomping grounds after I’ve been there a few times. The private lot has a really really great chance at producing! I’ve seen a few turkeys , heard some goblin too!

buckpasser

So far I’m experiencing far higher than expected numbers at each place I’ve hunted. My friends are seeing the same. Good thing everybody got those pesky season dates changed to so late!