Inflatables

GunnSmokeer

1A4DF979-B27D-42CB-BD07-E38546976031.jpeg

My 11-foot long, 600-lb. capacity Sea Eagle has been good for me. I got it used (with all the accessories) 3 years ago for $100.
I think new ones are only $275 -- still a bargain, I think.

Pic taken this past weekend at Lake Lanier.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I am on the sea eagle mailing list and I've been eyeballing those boats for a long time. I could not figure out how the seat is mounted, and what kind of mounting U R showing in that photo. I've gone back to using the raft shown in first photo. Second photo shows Intex explorer with deck and depth finder mounting.
Deck prevents sunburn and provides stowage for rods, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1574 (2).jpg
    IMG_1574 (2).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Img03_07-25-2019.JPG
    Img03_07-25-2019.JPG
    343.6 KB · Views: 21

UGAGUY75

Scrolling through this thread because I have the same issue with camping and a boat. Gonna go with some form of kayaks but the issue is space. With towing a camper and a Tri-fold bed cover on my truck, space is an issue. So I was going to look at inflatables but then I saw the Oru foldable Kayak.
Anyone have any experience with those?

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Scrolling through this thread because I have the same issue with camping and a boat. Gonna go with some form of kayaks but the issue is space. With towing a camper and a Tri-fold bed cover on my truck, space is an issue. So I was going to look at inflatables but then I saw the Oru foldable Kayak.

Why not put a rack on your truck and put the kayak up there? There should be rack out there that will work with the tri-fold. There's also the option of a rack on the truck roof.

UGAGUY75

My trifold just about covers the tops of the bed sides so I don't think any rack that utilizes the bed will work. A roof rack will not let me get my truck in my garage which I really like since my truck is not my daily driver. So an inflatable or foldable is my best bet

Geffellz18

No experience with the Oru kayaks.

Not sure what type of camper you have, but Dad & I ran into a guy from Wisconsin while in FL camping/fishing last month. He pulls a 5th wheel and had made a rack to carry one of those folding Harbor freight trailers upright on the back of it and carries his canoe on a roof rack on his truck.
Once unhooked from the 5th wheel, he puts the canoe on the HF trailer to go fishing!
Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
I’d think you could do like Mr. Killmaster referenced and even if you had a small pop-up camper, you could still strap that HF trailer to the top of it. They aren’t too heavy and fold up fairly compact easily.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
My trifold just about covers the tops of the bed sides so I don't think any rack that utilizes the bed will work. A roof rack will not let me get my truck in my garage which I really like since my truck is not my daily driver. So an inflatable or foldable is my best bet

I would go with a removable roof rack and regular kayak before the foldable kayak if it were me. Looks pricey and doesn't appear near as durable as a regular kayak.

278086510_4947139258715394_3489145953140238650_n.jpg