Inshore rods?

Darkhorse

I really like my Teramar rods but Lew's rods really interest me. A couple of years ago I bought a Lew's Custom speed stick lite, HM85 blank, and it's my lightest baitcasting rod. It is also the most sensitive rod I've ever fished with. I bought it for worm fishing and to cast weightless plastics and it excels at both. So now I wonder about a Lews for the salt.

ThatredneckguyJamie

when I first got my boat I decided I needed to step up my game and buy some of the more expensive rods, St Croix, Crowder, Falcon, Shimano..after a few "mishaps" I decided really quick I needed to go back to my roots and went back to Ugly Stik and never looked back

SmcWho31

Toadfish Outfitters ML 7’4” xtra fast. Made locally in the low country up the road in Charleston. Lightest, most sensitive rod you can find in the 100$ price range.

perryrip

Daiwa Tatula XT can be found for around $89. There med. light 7' is an excellent inshore rod. Very light and very sensitive. The St. Croix mojo med light 7' is also an excellent rod for $129. Another excellent value for inshore is the Dobyns Fury Med. Light 7' and can be found for around $95.Of the three I think the best value is the Dobyns.

GeorgiaGlockMan

when I first got my boat I decided I needed to step up my game and buy some of the more expensive rods, St Croix, Crowder, Falcon, Shimano..after a few "mishaps" I decided really quick I needed to go back to my roots and went back to Ugly Stik and never looked back
It stinks to loose a rod.

I was able to snag one back at the pier one night when I fell asleep at the wrong time.

Poo Bear

Just picked up a St. Croix TRS70MF2 Triumph Spinning Rod 7' two piece.
Wanted an upgrade for my 2 piece spinning rod. Really like it.
It has better action than either of the 2 uglysticks I already had, and seems better balanced. Will get another when funds permit.
I am confident that you are spot on! I use Ugly's when I need durable and cheap! I guess you can get used to anything after a while, but I would never choose Uglystiks over lighter/more sensitive/more expensive rods where money was not a factor . . . unless durability was critical.

fuelman1

I have one of these in the 7-6 heavy version, but walmart is out of them. This 8-6 medium would be a fun option but not practical for me. Walmart is the only retailer for this model. If you want more info go to: Capt Dave's Sport Fishing on YouTube and search for this model: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shakespe...l-Spinning-Fishing-Rod/17474387?selected=true.

Looks like this is discontinued. I'm guessing their " Inshore Elite" took it's place. I know I've used the GX2 Ugly Stik and while it fishes well the guides did not hold up well to saltwater use. I always rinse/wash after every trip. The guides started corroding after a year. The Inshore Select will probably be my next purchase just to try it out.

Poo Bear

Looks like this is discontinued. I'm guessing their " Inshore Elite" took it's place. I know I've used the GX2 Ugly Stik and while it fishes well the guides did not hold up well to saltwater use. I always rinse/wash after every trip. The guides started corroding after a year. The Inshore Select will probably be my next purchase just to try it out.
I think that was Capt. Dave's observation too. He did not like the GX2 because of the guides. You are probably right about the InterCoastal model being phased out. I don't follow it that closely, and Shakespeare/ UglyStik does not go out of their way to make their marketing moves transparent . . . I guess they figure it is a cheap rod and not worth their efforts to keep their customers informed about the details.