Insulators

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
That's a cool one. When I was a kid we would always look for the green/blue and clear ones that screwed down on the wooden pegs. Thought we were gonna get rich.... Seems like the suckers are everywhere.....

Tom W.

And nobody ever shot them off of the looses on the country..........

Gary Mercer

Tom, my brother and I took a serious whipping for shooting some of those off the only power line that ran to the back of the farm.
That power line ran all the well pumps, and the lights in the barn at the back of the farm. 2.5 miles from the county road.
I still maintain I didn't do it, but caught it for not stopping my kid brother.

Timberman

I found a good many over the years...or rather the headsaw in my mill did.

greg j

There used to be quite a market for those among collectors in the 70's and 80's, don't know if they are still collectable or not.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Never have seen one like that, very cool.

Artfuldodger

I had one of these that went in a hole in a stud. They make good knife sharpeners;
p_tube.jpg

Swamprat

Swamprat
I had one of these that went in a hole in a stud. They make good knife sharpeners;
p_tube.jpg
I have a few of the ones 2nd from the left somewhere. Found them along a old abandoned railroad bed in SC.

gunnurse

The first one is gold for a ham radio operation. Great for horizontal dipole antenna.

Artfuldodger

The first one is gold for a ham radio operation. Great for horizontal dipole antenna.
When I was a kid in the 60's I got an Electronic toy kit to make various things. It had an AM radio in it but I had to make and attach a horizontal dipole antenna and a ground. I remember picking up stations pretty far away but I think they put our more watts back then.

The kit had plastic insulators like those glass ones.

Reading a bit, I'm not sure if it was dipole. I may have hooked it to the end instead of the middle. Seems like dipole doesn't work as good for am like it does fm.