IOWA BOUND!

Ihunt

Wonder how it compares to Kansas? Been to Kansas twice,hard to beat Kansas.

I think you will like it a lot better than Kansas. They limit the tags so it doesn’t get the NR traffic like Kansas does. Imagine if Kansas only gave out 5000 NR tags a year instead of 20,000 and of the 5000 if only 1500-2000 were bow tags. That’s Iowa!

South Man

I think you will like it a lot better than Kansas. They limit the tags so it doesn’t get the NR traffic like Kansas does. Imagine if Kansas only gave out 5000 NR tags a year instead of 20,000 and of the 5000 if only 1500-2000 were bow tags. That’s Iowa!
Where did you hunt when you went and did you get one?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I hunt in Appanoose or Davis county. I killed a 128” eight last time and a 164” ten 5 years earlier. I have a friend who lives there and have access to lots of private land

I have a couple of good friends out in Bloomfield and have hunted in Davis County. Will be back out there when I get my points to draw. Absolutely love the South Fork restaurant, awesome food. Good folks and beautiful country out that way.

Ihunt

I have a couple of good friends out in Bloomfield and have hunted in Davis County. Will be back out there when I get my points to draw. Absolutely love the South Fork restaurant, awesome food. Good folks and beautiful country out that way.

Yes sir! I always get that huge breakfast with eggs and pancakes and leave feeling miserable. But it’s so good. I tell myself I need the calories to stay warm.?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Yes sir! I always get that huge breakfast with eggs and pancakes and leave feeling miserable. But it’s so good. I tell myself I need the calories to stay warm.?

Have you had the prime rib? OMG.... it's awesome. B.J. the owner is a cool guy. Funny we have the same name.

South Man

That is awesome that you’ve have a great place to hunt ! You are truly blessed

Unicoidawg

Staff member
For all of ya'll that drew this year do you have arrangements made? County? Public, private? I have hunted in Clark, Madison(zone 4), Davis (zone 6) and Cedar (zone 8) over the years. Only put in for points this time around sitting on 2.

Huntfish53

For all of ya'll that drew this year do you have arrangements made? County? Public, private? I have hunted in Clark, Madison(zone 4), Davis (zone 6) and Cedar (zone 8) over the years. Only put in for points this time around sitting on 2.

I had something in place before putting in for the draw. It was the only way I was willing to try to draw the tag. Appanoose Co, private land.

Latest posts