Iowa for next year,,,might as well start looking now!!

z71mathewsman

I bought my 4th pt.this year for Iowa.If anyone has any leads on some good private ground in southeast part of the state,let me know.Not using a outfitter,dont have that kinda money.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Good luck finding a spot! You should get the license.

davidhelmly

Cindy and I are in the same boat with 4 point each but don't won't to use them until we know we've got some good ground to hunt. Good luck on your search!

Kris87

I'm going to hunt public ground when I go. I have a couple good friends there and they told me not to pay an outfitter unless I absolutely wanted a chance at a booner, which I don't really care about. I need 2 more points.

Jim Boyd

Sitting on 5.

Waiting til I retire in 4 years so I can put the time I really need into it.

Til then, I will just rock along in Illinois.

Huntfish53

Same here, I'm sitting on 4, waiting on the right opportunity

South Man

For you guys that hunt public ground up there,,,I just dont want to waste 4yrs of waiting to hunt public idiots.
Right! I am booked in advance with IMB Outfitters Zone 5. Hope to get picked this year or next . I have a friend in AL who swears by this place. He killed a giant!

jsa1281

I’m gonna start buying my first points come spring. I know it can be hard to take off work for 6 days of hunting and have no success. I know with a outfitter there’s no guarantee but I feel like your odds are better with a outfitter. Let me know what you come up woth

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Headed up to Van Burean County next month to shed hunt on a couple farms I will be hunting come November,anyone wanna join the ride?

Not me, I cancelled the rest of my move to Iowa and the farm is now under contract. I told Bubba I wouldnt even give them the money for a turkey tag until this bad taste goes away. :waggingfinger:

That being said, Van Buren has some absolute beasts and the countryside is gorgeous! Good luck brother

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Erik and I are going next year - 5 points. We are going with MDL Outfitters. Might be worth taking a look at them. a GREAT young man running the show.

You can't go wrong with Matt. He is a awesome guy that will put you on big deer. This past year wasn't the best with the weather and circumstances, but the year before he put guys on some GIANTS. I hunted with another good friend 2 years ago and see 5 buck that would go 150+ and one absolute GIANT 180+. That area is loaded with deer, you just have to put in the time and have some luck on your side.

z71mathewsman

Not me, I cancelled the rest of my move to Iowa and the farm is now under contract. I told Bubba I wouldnt even give them the money for a turkey tag until this bad taste goes away. :waggingfinger:

That being said, Van Buren has some absolute beasts and the countryside is gorgeous! Good luck brother

Was the farm you and Bubba bought in Van Buren?