Iowa

BowFreak

I have 3 preference points and am looking for a reasonable hunt in Iowa. Would look at any options including trespass fee...leases...etc. I’m an avid bow hunter that has a passion for hunting big Whitetails and have ALWAYS wanted to hunt Iowa ! Thanks!

Jim Boyd

Wish u good luck!

If I did not already have a good place in IL to hunt, I would have already gone to IA and hunted public.

Sitting on 5 points and unless something bad happens, I will be on private Iowa farm the first week of November 2019.

Zone 5.

Find a place!!!

Bad thing about Public land in NE Iowa is the locals do deer drives (and lots of them) and kill everything they can. Ive been there and hunted both private and public, bow and gun. When I went to gun hunt (party hunt) with a family I know there I wasnt prepared for the "its brown its down" deer drives after passing up bucks while bowhunting.
I am sure there is good public land there but be weary of using three years of points to hunt it.

Jim Boyd

Bad thing about Public land in NE Iowa is the locals do deer drives (and lots of them) and kill everything they can. Ive been there and hunted both private and public, bow and gun. When I went to gun hunt (party hunt) with a family I know there I wasnt prepared for the "its brown its down" deer drives after passing up bucks while bowhunting.
I am sure there is good public land there but be weary of using three years of points to hunt it.

Very good points.

Also Iowa has a very low percentage of public land.

I would go anyway, short of other Midwest options.

Sunday afternoon - Friday mornings are probably the best times on public.