Irish Setter Mudtrek Side-Zip 17" Snake Boots first impression. Update!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My new boots showed up today, and quality seems good. They run pretty true to size, a smidge big if anything. Can double sock in cold weather if you like, and they are cut plenty big in the calf, with room to probably pack the legs of a coverall inside.

I stomped around in them for about two hours today, setting traps. They are indeed waterproof, and heavier than Muck Woody Sports, but lighter than BigBox generic rubber boots.

They have a nice soft liner material, that feels pretty good and is supposed to wick moisture, regulate temp, and cut scent.

I think that at Midways $119 deal, they are a bargain, but I would not have paid $204 for them.

We'll see how they hold up.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
My new boots showed up today, and quality seems good. They run pretty true to size, a smidge big if anything. Can double sock in cold weather if you like, and they are cut plenty big in the calf, with room to probably pack the legs of a coverall inside.

I stomped around in them for about two hours today, setting traps. They are indeed waterproof, and heavier than Muck Woody Sports, but lighter than BigBox generic rubber boots.

They have a nice soft liner material, that feels pretty good and is supposed to wick moisture, regulate temp, and cut scent.

I think that at Midways $119 deal, they are a bargain, but I would not have paid $204 for them.

Good to hear. But where's the video of you trying out the snake proof protection? That's what we really want to know. :bounce:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Is the bottom portion just rubber or does it have cordura covered with rubber?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Is the bottom portion just rubber or does it have cordura covered with rubber?

The bottoms appear to be a double thickness of rubber, and the camo upper portion is neoprene, with what feels like a shank of plastic molded between the neoprene, and liner.

They feel like the flexible anti-cut/stick type law enforcement gloves, but thicker and stiffer.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I've been wearing these boots for a couple hours daily for the last month while working my coyote traps.

They are comfortable, and easy on the feet. They are also cut big enough to pull on/off without messing with the side zipper, and even jeans slide right in with minimal "packing".

The liner does seem to make them run much cooler than plain rubber, and so far no heel rub or any other problems.

Don't know about snakes, but they ARE bit by an angry possum proof. ?

I like em.