is Crooked Horn Hunt Club in dubin still around

snookdoctor

Henry died a few years ago, but one of the guys took over the lease. It's still going.

rance56

sorry to hear that. i joined it about 10 years ago and only got to hunt it one time. seemed like a big piece of nice land and he had some pics of nice bucks that came off the place. is there big deer in that area?

snookdoctor

There are some nice ones, but I wouldn't call it a trophy area (but you never know what will walk by).

I was there, but left in 2001. Still have an ex co-worker up there.

I liked the property, but 40 members fighting for one porta john and one shower stall, plus increasing political drama made me look elsewhere.

Reactions: srb

rance56

yea it had crazy rules about only having a key to certian parts of property at one time. seemed like it had alot of potential with that much land in that part of georgia

Reactions: srb

joedublin

I used to be a member of that club...I was born in Dublin. I quit it after one season after I was told that I couldn't hunt certain good spots because they were "reserved" for certain friends. That didn't sit well with me....I was paying the same thing they were but couldn't hunt the prime areas??? No Way!!!

joedublin

You got it right... the one run by the guy who had retired because of a bad back...I think I've got it right. That was about 20 years ago...so everything could have changed. But, his name was Henry.

Bigbook

I was a member back in the early 90s
Shame to he Henry's gone .dues were 750 back then . When they doubled i got out. But it was a nice club then. My old boss and me had almost 1200 acres to ourselves. really was a good hunt club. Just no place to clean up deer or ourselves . Mater a fact the deer in my pic was from the club

Hunter1699

I also hunted there for 10+ years while Henry was around. Got along with Henry quite well but if you didn't it probably didn't go well. You pretty much had certain core area's you could hunt (per Henry) and no one else. I always thought positive about this since it was your area to develop. I actually really liked it there-good size deer, potential and very good turkey. Saw some great bucks come off different tracts there. When dues went up I moved on about 20 miles away. In a another good club now but like everywhere else dues surpassed want I was paying. If they had the same parcels I wouldn't hesitate to try it. Read the rules before you join-like everywhere else. We all have different opinions on things.