Is God in the 2% difference?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That difference in intelligence would be like an ant walking across a football field during the Super Bowl and trying to explain to it what was going on around it. Not just the field, but the players, the teams,, the significance of the event,, etc. It's just so entirely preposterous and impossible to comprehend.

I guess all of this is to say that we do not know what we do not/can not know, and that we might be pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

The things that run through my head when I rediscover the AAA sub.
But yet, we see people every day who claim to know exactly what God wants, and what his feeling are about various things. I maintain that if a being such as God exists, I would not even be able to comprehend the conditions of its existence, much less know what it wants and speak in its behalf.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
But yet, we see people every day who claim to know exactly what God wants, and what his feeling are about various things. I maintain that if a being such as God exists, I would not even be able to comprehend the conditions of its existence, much less know what it wants and speak in its behalf.
People claim a lot of things both pros and cons on the existence / non existence...

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
People claim a lot of things both pros and cons on the existence / non existence...
The "god does not exist" crowd has a lot going for them with the lack of evidence that the "god does exist" crowd provides or more specifically the evidence which the Pro crowd cannot provide. The no evidence is a pretty compelling example. It is easy to sit back wait for something, literally any evidence to back up the claims.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The "god does not exist" crowd has a lot going for them with the lack of evidence that the "god does exist" crowd provides or more specifically the evidence which the Pro crowd cannot provide. The no evidence is a pretty compelling example. It is easy to sit back wait for something, literally any evidence to back up the claims.
You and I know that’s biased.

God is a spirit, nothing tangible to show you. That’s what I don’t understand about folks that claim they know the Bible, they should know it is a spirit, it existed long before the “Jesus Character a couple thousand years ago”

No evidence is also biased, depending on how convinced the nay sayer is. The same evidence I can provide you that you can dispute is also enough to overwhelmingly convince someone else.

Not the best analogy but in regards to a spirit and someone being in love. You can’t see in love, you do see the fruits of it. All of those fruits are the same fruits you see for lust or someone just being a gentleman to a lady. But for someone that’s never been in love, you can’t prove it’s real love if they’re convinced that love doesn’t exist.

An Apologetic does not have the burden of proof unless he wants to convince you. An Apologetic does nothing but defend / speak in favor / make a case for his belief.

His ability/ inability to make a good / bad case is opinionated by the opposition. As said before, I can win someone with information that I can provide to another that disputes it.

There are those that make a better case than I do, I will admit that. I will also admit the Christian crowd has a lot at stake telling you something is there when they can’t prove it to you.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

God is a spirit, nothing tangible to show you. That’s what I don’t understand about folks that claim they know the Bible, they should know it is a spirit, it existed long before the “Jesus Character a couple thousand years ago”

No evidence is also biased, depending on how convinced the nay sayer is. The same evidence I can provide you that you can dispute is also enough to overwhelmingly convince someone else.

Not the best analogy but in regards to a spirit and someone being in love. You can’t see in love, you do see the fruits of it. All of those fruits are the same fruits you see for lust or someone just bring a gentleman to a lady. But for someone that’s never been in love, you can’t prove it’s real love if they’re convinced that love doesn’t exist.

An Apologetic does not have the burden of proof unless he wants to convince you. An Apologetic does nothing but defend / speak in favor / make a case for his belief.

His ability/ inability to make a good / bad case is opinionated by the opposition. As said before, I can win someone with information that I can provide to another that disputes it.

There are those that make a better case than I do, I will admit that. I will also admit the Christian crowd has a lot at stake telling you something is there when they can’t prove it to you.
Now, now, now, for 4000 years within the pages of the bible that "spirit" left more evidence than Pee Wee Herman in a theater. The "spirit" was making itself known since day one, talking donkeys, booming voices fire and brimstone, helping win wars, burning bushes parting seas, drowning over 20 million, then the new and improved version was literally walking among people, bringing back dead people, healing lepers, resurrecting and ascending skyward. Where is that evidence outside of those pages? Why did it stop?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Not the best analogy but in regards to a spirit and someone being in love. You can’t see in love, you do see the fruits of it. All of those fruits are the same fruits you see for lust or someone just being a gentleman to a lady. But for someone that’s never been in love, you can’t prove it’s real love if they’re convinced that love doesn’t exist.

I fall more into the crowd of believing that there is a higher power/spirit/energy/something bigger than us that connects everything together that is out there somewhere, or is simply in everything. I do not believe that anyone understands it, or that it conforms to any particular religion. I believe that most religions are an attempt to connect with this energy, but each one focuses on a different aspect of it seen through different cultural eyes and beliefs, like the old analogy of the group of blind men grasping at different individual parts of the elephant and each describing the elephant as a totally different creature.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Now, now, now, for 4000 years within the pages of the bible that "spirit" left more evidence than Pee Wee Herman in a theater. The "spirit" was making itself known since day one, talking donkeys, booming voices fire and brimstone, helping win wars, burning bushes parting seas, drowning over 20 million, then the new and improved version was literally walking among people, bringing back dead people, healing lepers, resurrecting and ascending skyward. Where is that evidence outside of those pages? Why did it stop?
Lol true, I know I haven’t parted any seas. But, who’s to what “stopped”. Miracles or different miracles? It is explained in the Bible though, then and for now.

All jurors in a hung jury were presented the same information.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Lol true, I know I haven’t parted any seas. But, who’s to what “stopped”. Miracles or different miracles? It is explained in the Bible though, then and for now.

All jurors in a hung jury were presented the same information.
When god was called to testify he was a no show. The jury stared at an empty seat.

Until recently there was no way to record "miracles".
We can go back through archeology and history to look for evidence of the major miracles of days before technology. We can search the works contemporary historians and scholars for evidence of what the bible says happened on grand scales that would effect more than just a small geographical area yet they show no such mention of this happenings. The small individual miracles of 2000+ years ago are in the exact same boat as the modern ones in that there is nothing to back up that it ever happened, only now and the last 50 years especially there are ways to record such things and document them. But for some reason people dont, or can't.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
When god was called to testify he was a no show. The jury stared at an empty seat.

Until recently there was no way to record "miracles".
We can go back through archeology and history to look for evidence of the major miracles of days before technology. We can search the works contemporary historians and scholars for evidence of what the bible says happened on grand scales that would effect more than just a small geographical area yet they show no such mention of this happenings. The small individual miracles of 2000+ years ago are in the exact same boat as the modern ones in that there is nothing to back up that it ever happened, only now and the last 50 years especially there are ways to record such things and document them. But for some reason people dont, or can't.
A hung jury meant some where, and some wasn’t convinced.

But for the record, I’m walking proof of a miracle and stated the events that took place prior, during and afterwards. That’s still not good enough to convince some here. But it is for me and my doctor who had zero medical explanation / theory. Also, my wife just went through a similar situation with no medical explanation or theories. 6 months of pain, medicines, trial procedures, testing, etc., 4 doctors, and the end result was zero / nothing there. Nothing operated on, nothing fixed, no pain. It’s on an X-ray and MRI though in the beginning, prayer does work ?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I fall more into the crowd of believing that there is a higher power/spirit/energy/something bigger than us that connects everything together that is out there somewhere, or is simply in everything. I do not believe that anyone understands it, or that it conforms to any particular religion. I believe that most religions are an attempt to connect with this energy, but each one focuses on a different aspect of it seen through different cultural eyes and beliefs, like the old analogy of the group of blind men grasping at different individual parts of the elephant and each describing the elephant as a totally different creature.
I’m with you in understanding it like a lot claim.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

But for the record, I’m walking proof of a miracle and stated the events that took place prior, during and afterwards. That’s still not good enough to convince some here. But it is for me and my doctor who had zero medical explanation / theory. Also, my wife just went through a similar situation with no medical explanation or theories. 6 months of pain, medicines, trial procedures, testing, etc., 4 doctors, and the end result was zero / nothing there. Nothing operated on, nothing fixed, no pain. It’s on an X-ray and MRI though in the beginning, prayer does work ?
I was one upping your hung jury analogy with a No Show on the stand.

I have no doubt that unexplainable things, aka Miracles happen.
Now, it is easy to give credit to some un-Seeable force for the miracle but that just muddies the waters even more by asserting or claiming that you (on anyone) knows for certain that a specific great overseer of of your faith made it a point to help out.
If Jews and Christians lived a more "wonderful life" , lived longer, had less sorrow, heath health problems, undefeated seasons etc etc etc Id say they were into something. But the good, the bad and the unexplainable happens across the globe equally. So I have a hard time believing you (no disrespect) or anyone who "knows" who is responsible for the unexplainable.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Explain to me in detail how you are certain your god is responsible. Prayer to the oak stump has just as good of a track record.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Explain to me in detail how you are certain your god is responsible. Prayer to the oak stump has just as good of a track record.
Disagreed.

I believe I went through my events here and it’s not believed by some. I see no benefit in rehashing that.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I was one upping your hung jury analogy with a No Show on the stand.

I have no doubt that unexplainable things, aka Miracles happen.
Now, it is easy to give credit to some un-Seeable force for the miracle but that just muddies the waters even more by asserting or claiming that you (on anyone) knows for certain that a specific great overseer of of your faith made it a point to help out.
If Jews and Christians lived a more "wonderful life" , lived longer, had less sorrow, heath health problems, undefeated seasons etc etc etc Id say they were into something. But the good, the bad and the unexplainable happens across the globe equally. So I have a hard time believing you (no disrespect) or anyone who "knows" who is responsible for the unexplainable.
That’s a good perspective. I understand your stance - hence the analogy I previously used for the spirit and in love.

And no worries, no disrespect taken at all. Always enjoy the challenge / discussion with you. :cheers:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Disagreed.

I believe I went through my events here and it’s not believed by some. I see no benefit in rehashing that.
If you look up the studies of prayer, its 50/50. No religion has a better track record than another.
I have seen where ill people have responded better when knowing they were getting prayed for but it has been explained as the mind helping the body.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If you look up the studies of prayer, its 50/50. No religion has a better track record than another.
I have seen where ill people have responded better when knowing they were getting prayed for but it has been explained as the mind helping the body.
I realize that in cases and don’t deny that. But I’m speaking of cases where there is no medical explanation / theory.

Last edited:

jollyroger

I fall more into the crowd of believing that there is a higher power/spirit/energy/something bigger than us that connects everything together that on a different aspect of it seen through different cultural eyes and beliefs, like the old analogy of the group of blind men grasping at different individual parts of the elephant and each describing the elephant as a totally different creature.
This.

It is my personal belief that it all comes down to energies, or vibrations, or waves.

Science shows us this, the ancients show us this.

It can be detected with Hadron coliders and it was appearing in art work for thousands of years before that all over the planet from cultures that allegedly had no contact.

What is the significance of this? Is this God?

That is my big question, but I'm actually okay with never knowing the answer, I am just humbled to be able to be a part of it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I realize that in cases snd dint deny that. But I’m speaking of cases where there is no medical explanation / theory.
I fully understand about those No Medical or Scientific reason cases. I absolutely agree that they happen.
They happen universally among the religious and non religious.
What about them leads to a certain deity being responsible other than the beliefs of the individual who credits a certain deity ? It is as if at that point the person insinuates they he or she knows more than the Drs and Scientists.
And then if prayers are indeed answered who/what is responsible for "miracles" among atheists?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
This.

It is my personal belief that it all comes down to energies, or vibrations, or waves.

Science shows us this, the ancients show us this.

It can be detected with Hadron coliders and it was appearing in art work for thousands of years before that all over the planet from cultures that allegedly had no contact.

What is the significance of this? Is this God?

That is my big question, but I'm actually okay with never knowing the answer, I am just humbled to be able to be a part of it.
Energy could be considered or named "god". I have issue with someone telling me that they know which specific god energy is and it's also interesting that in each and every single case that god happens to be the exact same god they worship.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I fully understand about those No Medical or Scientific reason cases. I absolutely agree that they happen.
They happen universally among the religious and non religious.
What about them leads to a certain deity being responsible other than the beliefs of the individual who credits a certain deity ? It is as if at that point the person insinuates they he or she knows more than the Drs and Scientists.
And then if prayers are indeed answered who/what is responsible for "miracles" among atheists?
I’ve heard it explained several ways, the most convincing from a Christians view is that God is no respecter of persons. Just as some of those miracles in the Bible, miracles for whoever still happen as a way to get the attention of those he’s dealing with. I believe God can deal with the Atheist, too.