Is God in the 2% difference?

WaltL1

Interesting read when thinking about the beginning. Our observation is only as provable as the time frame that we can observe it. The rest of it is assumption. Christians believe this God has always been - even before man was here to write and observe.

https://ucmp.berkeley.edu/education/events/tiffney3a.html
:bounce:
Maybe "He" has always been.
But since man was able to observe and write....... he didnt start out observing and writing about the Christian God.
Thats interesting to me also.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
You are correct, it could be pure coincidence that the manifestations of the creative mind mirror that of nature.

What I find remarkable is that these patterns are in everything, literally everything.

Every conceivable phenomenon in reality can be mathematically reduced to the infinitely repeating ratio that is The Golden Mean, and it's not a matter of trying to find patterns where there are none, it is matter of factly present in all things physical and metaphysical.

From the simplest and strongest of the geometric forms in nature-- the circle and the equilateral triangle--every structure known to man can be formed.

3 sides, the Holy Trinity?

Circle, the cycles of nature?

This isn't grasping at straws, this has been expressed in every holy text from Hinduism to Christianity, and is evident in mathematics and science as well.

I find it utterly fascinating, but that is just my two cents worth, it don't mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

And this is what baffles me. It takes intelligence to interpret/understand it, but none to create it? Like language/communication, it takes intelligence on both ends for it to work. Otherwise it's just unintelligible.

SemperFiDawg

But since man was able to observe and write....... he didnt start out observing and writing about the Christian God.

That's reaching back to memories I didn't think existed anymore.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Lol ?.

That and considering “facts” concerning the timelines that are “evidence”......

There’s a difference in scientific facts that are generally accepted and subject to change and absolute truths that can’t be changed.

It was generally accepted that Biden was a better President, but the absolute truth to that..........speculation and assumptions aren’t absolute truths.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And this is what baffles me. It takes intelligence to interpret/understand it, but none to create it? Like language/communication, it takes intelligence on both ends for it to work. Otherwise it's just unintelligible.
Its taken MILLIONS of years for a human to gain the intelligence to think about it, interpret it and sort of understand it. Only 150 years ago the "intelligent" people were using the same saw to lop off limbs, the same scalpels to operate on different people and killing more people due to infection from treating their wounds than were killed in battle. We didnt know what germs were let alone DNA. Knowledge is a learning curve and until very recently it has been a slow process.
What in the design points to a specific designer?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Why didn't god who reincarnated as his own son to walk among us teach these practices 1,988 years ago? What intelligence from the designer was passed on then other than parables and things I've seen on Penn and Teller's Fool Us show?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
In a narrow view using today's knowledge it sounds good about a designer designing intelligent humans, when panned back to a wide angle view that shows how far back "we" started (not to mention the billions upon billions of years "we" didn't exist) and how long it has taken us to become somewhat intelligent the theory loses merit.
Who here now using the technology and products we are all familiar with and use every single day of our lives could hop in a time machine, go back 150 years and explain DNA? Who here could go back and pass on the information on how to make a flat screen tv to Thomas Edison?
Lumping ourselves in with truly smart people is a stretch. Pretending to interpret it, understand it and point to a specific designer based off of the information contained within is an absolute joke.

jollyroger

Its taken MILLIONS of years for a human to gain the intelligence to think about it, interpret it and sort of understand it. 150 years ago the "intelligent" people were using the same saw to lop off limbs, the same scalpels to operate on different people and killing more people due to infection from treating their wounds than were killed in battle. We didnt know what germs were let alone DNA. Knowledge is a learning curve and until very recently it has been a slow process.
I have nothing to base my claim on other than the few puzzle pieces we have lying around, but I fall back to idea of cycles.

We lost something, some higher knowledge.

We have been here before, and we are destined to tread this same path again.

What we have are the mere whispers of these pasts; a faint footprint being blown away by the wind of time.

In my opinion we had great technology before, a Golden Age if you will; the applications may have been different but it was advanced nonetheless.

The fossil record of early hominids is so incomplete and/or unknown, is evolution itself not just filling in blanks?

How many iterations of evolution did we go through?

Could the first iteration of "us" even be considered human?

Could the fossil records of this iteration be lost to time, liquified into fossil fuels under the Earth?

We can trace our DNA back to (what is now known as) Africa, but what is that really telling us?

We really have no idea what links or how many links there are missing from the theoretical evolution of man, we could be so far off the trail and not even know it.

What round of evolution are we on?

Are we finding records of the first attempt? The third or fourth attempt?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Its taken MILLIONS of years for a human to gain the intelligence to think about it, interpret it and sort of understand it. Only 150 years ago the "intelligent" people were using the same saw to lop off limbs, the same scalpels to operate on different people and killing more people due to infection from treating their wounds than were killed in battle. We didnt know what germs were let alone DNA. Knowledge is a learning curve and until very recently it has been a slow process.
Is it possible we aren’t as old as what’s generally accepted? I have a hard time thinking we were that slow for millions of years then within the just 150 we got all nerdy and educated. I’d buy being slow on a learning curve for 20,000 years and that’s stretching it, but millions??

jollyroger

Is it possible we aren’t as old as what’s generally accepted? I have a hard time thinking we were that slow for millions of years then within the just 150 we got all nerdy and educated. I’d buy being slow on a learning curve for 20,000 years and that’s stretching it, but millions??
There are inconsistencies within evolution.

Fossil records and soil stratus show in some instances almost no evolution occurring and then all of a sudden a huge proliferation of change in a short period of time.

There is no consistency, or rather we don't have all the pieces to build the puzzle; we don't know the big picture.

Evolution can happen on a micro level and a macro level, it's complicated.

Some species can show evolutionary traits in just a matter of a few offspring, in other instances it takes "forever."

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

Fossil records and soil stratus show in some instances almost no evolution occurring and then all of a sudden a huge proliferation of change in a short period of time.

There is no consistency, or rather we don't have all the pieces to build the puzzle; we don't know the big picture.

Some species can show evolutionary traits in just a matter of a few offspring, in other instances it takes "forever."
This is where I’m at when it comes to science. And the only reason I always ask are we (earth included) as old as we think? I’m ok with being older than what most Christianity believes. Trying to be realistic somewhere between 7,000 years and millions of years.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Any of y'all ever do any research on the bicameral mind theory? It's an interesting explanation of why we stopped being physically visited and communicated to by gods.

SemperFiDawg

Any of y'all ever do any research on the bicameral mind theory? It's an interesting explanation of why we stopped being physically visited and communicated to by gods.

ain't got a bi nuttin in my body, so don't include me in that "y'all."

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I will say I know a few that speak / argue with themselves .........

“divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens ...”

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Fossils and where they found and how deep they are found seem to be pretty accurate about our age. We may be older, not younger

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Need drives adaptation